Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Two Sound cards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NY-DjHome userMember since 2003
Hi, Downloaded full version and can't get the 2 sound cards working right to mix.

Thanks
Andy

Posted Sun 10 Aug 03 @ 12:14 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
OK. No probs.

What you need to do is:

1) goto settings and choose the two sound card option within sound configuration.

2) are you using a mixer or are you using headphones and speakers? This makes the next steps different if using a mixer goto step 6

3)now select the picture with headphones and speakers

4) assign your two soundcards. Soundcard 1 and soundcard 2

5)I cant remember which one but now one of your soundcards only outputs sound when the headphone preview is up and the other soundcard outputs the master sound (i.e what you would normally here) This should sort that.

6) select picture with a mixer.

7) soundcard 1's line out should play one deck and soundcard 2's lineout will play deck two. Feed these two channels into a mixer and play.

NB: You have to make sure that both soundcards are set up right and tested in control panel. Also if they are identical soundcards then windows drivers can not cope with that. You are best using an on motherboard card and one PCI card.

Hope this helps.

If not please give a few more details of your problem.

Steve

Posted Sun 10 Aug 03 @ 12:30 am
Thanks for the fast reply Steve.

I am using the headphone setup and it still does not work. I have 2 different c ards. One is made into the computer and the second is a much better one. I still cant hear the mix coming in. Should I uninstall the program and reinstall?

Thanks
Andy

Posted Sun 10 Aug 03 @ 12:43 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
no need.

Try switching the soundcard that your headphone is plugged into. Ie switch the plugs at the back of the cards. Also make sure you are using line out on both cards.

To test so I know what is going on. Play two songs on both decks. Now crank up the preview fader and let me know if you hear anything at all through the headphones.

If you still need help ill go in the chat room for a bit

Posted Sun 10 Aug 03 @ 12:47 am
Im in the chat room.

Posted Sun 10 Aug 03 @ 12:53 am
i have the same problem only I have 2 of the same soundcard's and it doesn't work .. How can I fix it ??

greatz frank

Posted Sun 17 Aug 03 @ 6:03 pm
you cannot do it with the demo version

Posted Sun 17 Aug 03 @ 6:24 pm
weetzHome userMember since 2004
just wandering if anyone cud help? 1st question how can u tell if You have a registerd version? I didn't register atomix myself but i bought my tower second hand from the local newspaper, Do I need to buy it again for myself? 2nd question is, is it possible to use onboard sound and one sound card to be able to use headphones? I have A soundblaster pci soundcard, wondered if there is a way you can reconfigure the onboard sound to work alongside my sound card as if i had two sound cards? post any advice to [no_email_allowed] and i wud be extremly grateful thanx!

Posted Thu 13 May 04 @ 3:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)