Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Visualization Output to Projector While Mixing on Laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

doxmitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does anyone have experience projecting visuals to a Screen via a LCD projector -- while mixing on a laptop. I am wondering if I can both play and project from the same machine or if I need two lap tops, one for projections and one for mixing.

I use a hardware mixer.

Thanks all.

DJ Doug

Posted Mon 05 May 03 @ 1:17 am
If you project from your computer, it projects whatever is on screen...meaning, if you are mxing, people will see atomix running. If you are after effects like Geiss in Winamp, or crazy visuals, you would need to run from another computer with the visuals in full-screen mode.

I hooked up projector once while I was mixing, and I found that although looking cool, all it accomplished was showing the whole crowd my music lists, so I had all these people coming up and saying "will you play that song I saw?" or "can i look through your list?" it just got really annoying, so I never did it again.

hope that helps.

-scott

Posted Mon 05 May 03 @ 1:26 am
doxmitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping there was a way to operate the computer in a split screen mode -- i have have used computers like that before -- just never set it up myself on a laptop and I am not sure what would happen if I hit full screen.

Thanks again.

Doug

Posted Mon 05 May 03 @ 2:23 am
It is possible with porgrams like tweakxp to run multiple desktops at the same time, not sure how it would work, but it might be possible...

Posted Sun 11 May 03 @ 8:08 am
I am using a laptop I go to desktop/properties/settings then your laptop should support "extend my desktop" or find it in the advanced button. in vdj go to the video, enable and choose your video card now run your projector through yhe VGA out on the back of your laptop or the S Video on your Video Card on a desktop computer

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 6:41 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This is a useless message onefinsurfer. This thread is 3 years old.

Posted Wed 17 May 06 @ 1:15 pm
Oh I am new to this and did not see there was a time stamp on these messages until today just OK then

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 5:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)