Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Atomix goes into fast forward

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I am having some trouble recording with Atomix. I get some way into a track when it goes into fast forward an seems to 'cascade' to the end of the track. This is happening regularly and is quite annoying when I have a mix of 30 - 40 minutes long just to have to start over again.
Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

ps I have tried re-installing.

Posted Sun 30 Mar 03 @ 12:52 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please explain better your problem. Do you hear the track going at a higher rate of speed or is it skipping. Any other details will help to solve this problem.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 03 @ 3:23 am
Hi

In response to your message.
It is skipping, although you can see the track fast forwarding in the graphics. You can also hear the PC processing whenever it happens. It is a relatively new fault as I have had about 18 months of good use from Atomix, I haven't changed anything in my PC or it's setup.

Many Thanks

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 9:46 am
Is this happening often ? Is it the same track ? How often ?

sorry for all the questions but it will help to narrow the problem down. Please tell me as many details as possible at the time of the fault.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 11:29 am
It's happening very regularly to every file I try to play, I don't seem to get to the end of any mp3 or wave file before it skips. It's becoming very frustrating as I am trying to mix tracks and save them to my hard drive (using the record function) before burning them to CD, this is preventing me at the moment.
I have been able to do this in the past as I mixed around 8 hours of music for new year's eve with no problem.
I have tried re-installing but it hasn't helped.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 9:18 pm
What sound card are you using ?

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 9:21 pm
Haven't a clue, how do I find out ?

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 10:02 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Go to Control Panel, double click on Sounds And Multimedia, it should be listed under the Audio tab.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 10:10 pm
Does 'Soundmax Digital Audio' mean anything to you ???

Posted Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 11:13 pm
Thanks for your help

Your suggestion about my soundcard made me investigate further.
I found that I am running an ADI Soundmax III and, after flicking through a number of messages on this site which mention drivers, I went onto the Compaq site and downloaded the drivers again plus an upgrade. Hey Presto............ I don't wan't to talk too soon but I have been using Atomix most of today and it is working like a dream.

Many thanks to all

Posted Thu 03 Apr 03 @ 10:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)