Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Analyze a track

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is the benefit or purpose of analyzing a track?
Thanks

Posted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 1:25 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
To gain info of a track. Such as bpm, level and length.

Posted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 8:34 pm
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dj Homeboy...I have the AutoGain disabled as well as Limiter in the FAME settings. Is there a way to turn off the gain/limit tampering of a track when I analyze it? I have all of my music set at the same level using another program (Cool Edit Pro). I have the volume set the way i want it. I DO NOT want VIRTUAL DJ tampering with the volume of my tracks. When i load a song into the player, with the gain/limiter OFF, shouldn't the gain of each track just be ZERO? This is NOT the case right now. Everytime i load a track in...it's either increasing the gain (+) or decreasing it(-).

Why are the settings under FAME (Gain & Limiter) still adjusting my gain levels? I see absolutely no change in VD with these abled or disabled. (I want them OFF)

For instance...i have a song... i play it in MUSIC MATCH and the LED's on my Pioneer external mixer read approx 0. (this is good)... NOW...I load the same song into VIRTUAL DJ and I notice that VD has taken the liberty to "auto-gain' my song (on the video screen it reads -1.5 but i have the slider gains in VD to the max).
Now when I play that same song under this 1.5 decrease in volume, the external mixer volume LED only reaches about -5 to -3. That's a frigggen HUGE DECREASE in volume when your playing over a 10,000Watt system.
Because of this...NOW i have to turn up the trim on my pioneer to compensate the low volume coming from VD.

Why is this the case? Why when it anaylzes the song, can't it leave the gains alone?

I would like a setting ONLY to have BPMS calculated and NOTHING else. I don't appreciate it tampering with my volume! Thats MY job as the DJ.

When i put a cd in my Denon, the Denon doesn't "decide" for me what the volume should be... neither should VD.

Please fix this.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 8:15 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it's not adjusting the gain of the song. It's mearly telling you what the avarage level is of the song. You'll notice that the gain slider, or knob (depending on the skin) is set in the center. VirtualDJ has made no attempt to adjust the gain if you have auto gain off.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)