Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Extigy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaimesHome userMember since 2003
Hi - I'm thinking of purchasing atomix mp3 and wanted to ensure it would work with the Creative Extigt 5.1 USB soundcard? Help appreciated.

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 11:41 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
It will work as far as I know, and pretty good. But if i were you i would look some further since there are (cheaper) other external usb soundcards. For more info look in the forum or search somewhat on the internet.

Roderick

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 12:48 pm
Thanks dude. That helps cos I've got an Extigy card for my laptop. I'll get the full version of atomix now and hopefully the 2 will work together. Is it easy enough to set up cos I'm very new to this?

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 1:03 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, very easy... You'll just have to select sound cards for each channel in the setup page of Atomix. I hope we'll welcome you in a few into the big family of registred users..

Slash

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 1:12 pm
You certainly will.... will this make the soundcard in my laptop redundant?

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 1:34 pm
I personally use 3 sound cards. One for Winamp (in auto-crossfade mode) and two for Atomix (when I decide to work by myself) ;-) With an external mixer, I can mix within the 3 sources without any problem... You should do the same ;-)

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 2:41 pm
I should do the same!!! I can barely mix 2 tracks together at the moment!! But all to come I hope!

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 2:51 pm
May the force be with you young Dj ^^

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 3:17 pm
I have the SB extigy soundcard and it works great for me. I use Atomixmp3 on my laptop... and the soundcard on my laptop isn't that good (they usually aren't).

First you need to setup the card to "4 Speaker"-mode (in Audio properties).
Then go to Atomixmp3-setup and choose the 3d-card setup.

- Jim

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 7:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)