Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: when i buy atomixmp3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey, im planning on buying atomix and i wnat to know, do i need two sound cards? or can i jsut use one?

Posted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 10:18 pm
You can use One Card. Two is more professional, but sometimes you run into conflicts under device manager. With one soundcard, the are 3 possible configurations. If you look at "sound configuration" under the options panel, you will see the different options for one soundcard. I personally recommend the one sound, external mixer setup. It allows you to send one song as the left channel on your soundcard, and the other song under the right channel. You need a y-splitter to go from your sound output (stereo mini-jack) to RCA (red and white connectors) You then take a female-to-male y-splitter for RCA cables, and connect to your mixer, the left channel pair is the song on the left atomix deck, and the right-channel pair is the song on the right deck in atomix. Then you can mix with your eaternal mixer, crossfade, etc. just like you would if you had turntables or CD's.

If you go to your local radio shack, tell them you need the following cables:

-(2x)Female-to-Male RCA Y-Jacks (connects to cord below)
-(1x)Stereo-Mini to RCA Y-Jack (connects to your soundcard)

(you must, of course have a 2-channel (or more) DJ mixer of some kind to do this setup.)

Regards,
Diggabyte

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 2:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)