Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sonica Theater USB card

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
Just got M-Audio's new USB multi-channel soundcard (similar to the SB Extigy) and I was trying set this up for monitoring through headphones...

Anyone know the configuration for this, or if it's even possible? I hope so, as it would be a great solution for laptop users (24/96 output, bus-powered, $120).

Posted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 7:18 pm
m audio's last card, the quatro had multi outs but only if ran under an aiso driver so i dont know if this will give you actual dedicated pairs with direct x drivers

also i wouldnt worry to much about 96khz since any file would be way to big to make it worthwhile. The headroom is nice for recording but almost everyone dithers it down in the end

Posted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 8:10 pm
ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
Now it works fine. I just configured the card's software for 4 speaker output and enabled SRS Circle Surround, then configured Atomix for 3d card with headphones out.

The card is definately worth looking at, especially if you would like to use a laptop. I'm assuming it's a better alternative to SB Extigy -- cheaper, better drivers, less gaming fluff, bus powered.

Posted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 9:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)