Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Play List history

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DeeJayHome userMember since 2001
I would like to know is there a way to creat a list of songs that you just played?

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 5:58 am
Yes there is, under the Options-screen, it's simply called History...
Unfortunately that history seems to be saved when closing down Atomix or something like that, it isn't updated at all during the set.
I'm not sure if it's because I only have the 2.1 demo here right now but I can't get anything at all logged to that file: specify a historyfile then load two tracks, start them then stop them and exit Atomix...but the History.txt I specified only has a lead-in, no info about the two songs.:

AtomixMP3 History - 17/02/2003
------------------------------

Is the history-logging only active while recording??

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 3:37 pm
With the full version it works. enable "charts" or "history", whatever it is called, in the options menu. In the atomix folder open the "history" file. You will see the date as headline, thereafter the files listed and the time when they were played.

Of course this is saved only when you end the program. While playing, you cannot see the tracks you just played. But who needs to do this, as atomix shows you via the symbol next to the file if you have already played the song?

You don't have to record for that. I assume you don't have this feature in the demo version.

greetz, Patrick

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 6:07 pm
Oh.. so that's why it didn't work :)

Who needs that? Hmm.. online playlists for Shoutcast-sessions?(Since Atomix doesn't support the titel/artist-information that can be sent to a Shoutcast-server through the source-plugin)
Or maybe just to have it dynamically updated on a screen by/on the booth-desk so that people can see what track you're playing right now..

It's stuff like all these halfmeasures that make me wonder how much effort and thought has been put into this program:

* it supports Shoutcast but not even the basic features like title-update are incorporated

* you can sort by artist / title but only if you follow a certain namingconvention when most MP3-players support ID3(v1 or v2)

* they have a history-file but it's impossible to use during the session for example for 3rd-party (gathering info from the text-file) visualisation or presentation by other means during the set....
Something like the History-page of a Shoutcast-server(displaying the last X number of played tunes, with dynamic updates) would be VERY nice for people that use this program for Shoutcasting.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 2:48 pm
Ohh.. and when(not if) Atomix freezes or crashes on you, because it will happen some time (because Murphy said so! :) ) you're stuck without a playlist since Atomix never shutdown properly and had no way of saving the historyfile...

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 2:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)