Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Static While Scrolling

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am having a problem with scrolling through the search window and getting static from the scroll. This doesn't happen any other time with my mouse, mp3's or speakers.

Proc & Ram are perfectly fine. The sound is not onboard.
Also... I remove everything else running in the task manager.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Posted Sat 08 Feb 03 @ 5:17 pm
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi :)
Try to reinstall atomixmp3

Peroz

Posted Sat 08 Feb 03 @ 9:24 pm
Thanks... but that didn't work : (

Posted Sat 15 Feb 03 @ 9:51 pm
Did I mention I have over 5000 songs... will that make a difference?

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 2:18 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What a strange problem. No the number of songs certainly shouldn't make any difference. I have many more than 5,000 and never a problem scrolling through them.
Try changing skins, and video resolutions. There's just nothing about scrolling through the list that should make any type of sound change. Be sure that your windows sounds are disabled. If you have a resident sound turned on for mouse clicks or anything really, I suppose that might cause a sound anomily.
Honestly, I am flat out guessing. But that's where I would start.

good luck man, Keep us posted!

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 8:28 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok tell us which sound card and motherboard you are using. Also, try playing a track in atomix and scrolling through Internet Explorer to see if you are having the same problem. If you do, look at the DMA settings of your hard drive.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 11:56 pm
I checked the DMA settings... they were set to PIO mode on my Music Drive. Changed it to Ultra DMA 5... still the same problem. The static is only in Atomix, I scrolled in explorer while Atomix was playing and no static.

I've had the software since 12/31/99... and not have had any problems. I do not remember if this started w/ the newest patch.

Don't laugh at the sound card but its a Sound Blaster PCI 128.
Motherboard is Shuttle AK31 V 3.1

I changed skins... nada..

I am going crazy!

Posted Sun 23 Feb 03 @ 3:51 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Have you tried totally uninstalling and reinstalling sound drivers? Also if that doesn't work try changing the Hardware Acceleration in Advanced Audio Properties.

Posted Sun 23 Feb 03 @ 7:00 am
ogweewee: I would guess it's a case of EMI from the mouse to the speaker-output or possibly resource-problems between the mouse and the soundcard..
Scrolling around in a window that doesn't require HDD-access like filebrowsing shouldn't mean that the HDD is to blame but rather something with the mouse-scrolling in itself.

Do you have any other EMI-like noises when you scroll/move your mouse in general like if you scroll in an empty Word-document or move your mouse around on the desktop if you crank up the volume? Atomix might just amplify a problem that's already present in you little box of wonders.
(I have a SN41 myself.. can't take my eyes off of it :)

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 12:23 pm
Oh.. sorry.. NO static when scrolling in Explorer? missed that important little word :)

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 12:24 pm
Thanks for all of your help... I don't know what the problem was but I wound up reformating my HD and reloaded everything. No more static while scrolling. As I start to reload all of my software I will try to track to imposing force on Atomix

Posted Tue 11 Mar 03 @ 3:48 pm
I have the same trouble of static noises too. When I scroll through the songs and when the playlist bar pops out It makes a nasty crackling sounds. It only happens in certain skins like darkfun 2.2 pioneer CDJ 700S. In most of the others it doesn't happen. Theese are my fav skins as well... :( Is this a program bug or some setting or skin prob?

Posted Thu 13 Mar 03 @ 1:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)