Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PITCHING issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vergajoHome userMember since 2002
hi, atomix guys! i've just started using atomix since about 2 weeks ago. great software i would say! i've tried scores of other mp3 mixing programs but i finally convinced myself to stick to the one that has everything i need, from the most basic to the somewhat advanced -- ATOMIXMP3!!

my question has to do with how tracks behave while being pitched. i always do manual beatmatching, and everytime i do i seem to sense that the program also does its own beatmatching even when i've already disabled both the auto-bpm and auto-beatmatching functions. this doesn't do good because it's like i'm trying to beatmatch on one side while someone's playing around with the pitch on the other side. is there something i may have missed? please let me know. thanks and a lot more power to you, atomix guys!

DJ E (dennis from the philippines)

Posted Wed 04 Dec 02 @ 12:38 pm
Auto pitchreset perhaps? took me a day or two to find that out myself...

Posted Wed 04 Dec 02 @ 2:34 pm
i tried disabling the timestretch function this morning and it seemed to have made a big difference! beats don't seem to "run" anymore and they appear to be more constant than when i had timestretch enabled. i think that's the culprit! problem this time, however, is of course the pitch which also changes as i change speed - not a very pleasant thing to hear especially when mixing stuff with a lot of vocals and melody. is there a way out of this trade-off? help!

dennis

Posted Fri 06 Dec 02 @ 10:37 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not really. If you used regular vynal you would get the same effect when you change the pitch. You'r just speeding up/slowing down the playback rate of the audio. Ever played a 33rpm record @ 45rpm? Thats pitch adjusting to the extreme.

If you have some songs which differ greatly in bpm from what you normally play, using the Time Stretch function in Atomix is probably the only way to go. Unless you wanna spend around $200 for TimeFactory, which is the only program I've tried that can do time stretch almost flawlessly up to +-4bpm. Anything more then that will cause too much distortion.

Thats basically what I do. I dont use the time stretch feature in Atomix. Instead, I use TimeFactory to change the bpm closer to my target bpm (ie, from 128bpm, to 132bpm). Then I just use the normal pitch function in Atomix to adjust the pitch further.

Grimm

Posted Fri 06 Dec 02 @ 1:07 pm
TIME FACTORY? sounds interesting! how do i get hold of that software? i hope it doesn't present any usage complications and system incompatibilities.... pls tell me more!

dennis

Posted Mon 09 Dec 02 @ 9:18 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Heres a small review of the prorgam.

http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/jul00/articles/prosoniq.htm

The company that makes it is called Prosoniq. It been over a year since I've looked into time stretching software, so there may be better and/or cheaper out right now, but I haven't seen or tested any other.

Grimm

Posted Mon 09 Dec 02 @ 12:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)