Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: why noone can not help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJYAYOHome userMember since 2001
hi
atomixmp3 it is my favorite toy to play with
and to work with too
i had buy a laptop 6 months ago
it is a sony vaio grx550 system wimdows xp home edition
it is a pentium4
mobile CPU 1.6 ghz
512MB of ram
30 gb of hard drive
and it was not working properly
the music was skiping alot like 40 times in 6 hours "wow"
i did not know why
i ask you for help but i dont understand why the atomixmp3 team did not do much for me
well a friend told me
to turm off the virtual memory
and it did help a lot
but still when i am playing on my club
the music does skip at list 10 times in 6 hours and
thats to much still
i hope you
the team of atomixmp3 can help me

one more thing i downloaded the the upgrade for v2.1.1.
but i reformated my computer and i do not have it anymore if anybody can help with it too i will be very happy thank you that my help to solve my problem too

Posted Sun 01 Dec 02 @ 11:35 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please mail service@atomixmp3.com

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 2:22 am
hi ooooooooll
you do not have to write everything like poem
if you write in proper sentences we can understand you just as well
make sure when run atomix no other programs are running in the background like anti-virus, etc.
email service@atomixmp3.com to get your full version back "wow"

thats oooooooollllll

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 2:23 am
well i did
writed to support but nothig happented
ao i am here trying to get some help

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 10:45 am
My advice to avoid skipping and alike inconveniences, is to have a dedicated and "clean" system running nothing but Atomix.

I have experienced myself that installing other software might cause undesired interferences with the sound quality and overall PC performance.
Hence I have installed a clean system, containing nothing but the OS and AtomixMP3.

I have no sound glitches whatsoever, even though when compared to your system it's not very competitive (Duron 800MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Terratec soundcard)

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 1:40 pm
Maybe the bios config of your system causes this!
Make your hdd's write behind caching active in your bios i don't know how is the sony vaio's bios but that maybe write through just change it.And change the virtual memory to let me specify section then in the minimum file size your MB of ram * 2 (like 64MB*2=128)and max file size (64*4=256)it must help.Download the latest drivers for your hardware good luck

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 10:12 pm
Oh yes you guys charged my Credit Card instantly, but I Cannot make the program to run and you guys are just playing with my e-mail back and forth, what's up with this?? I don't want to cause any trouble, I just want my program to work, Is it so hard to understand? Will I need to ask for a refund to my purchase-protected credit card? damn!
Another example of a bad customer service company!!!

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 10:38 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maybe i have to indictment Bill Gate because a have so maaaannyyy problems with all win versions.
Calm down i am looking to find a solution for this problem and for my computer and for your computer...

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 10:48 pm
dj corpus i am glad that you read my problem and boulive me i i have wimdows xp home edition , atomixmp3 and only 15 gigs of mp3 music
plus i disable all other programs that runs on the back ground
and still does not work
all i want is for the program to run properly
becouse like i said it is an amazing program to mix music if you know how to and you know about music
hope you read thisone now and give me some suggestions
thank you

dj yayo

Posted Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 10:03 pm
hmmm,its strange because you have a powerfull machine.Try the following.Go to Control panel/system select the advanced tab.Click the performance settings button and select the Visual effects tab.choose "adjust for best performance" and then select the advanced tab.Under processor settings select "adjust for best performance of backround services" to ensure lowest latency with ASIO-based drivers.If this doesnt work go to windows task manager by Ctrl+alt+delete select processes and right click on the atomixmp3.exe and set priority level to "Real time" or "high".Generally i advise you to install first win2000pro under and upgrade it to winXp it works faster on that way.I don't know why but it just does.

Posted Thu 19 Dec 02 @ 5:41 pm
jmveigaHome userMember since 2002
Ok, I used to have the same problem in the begining, and I solved it when I discovered that I was working with my portable in standalone but still with the lan card in the slot! What I advise you to do is that if you have a lan card, remove it before you turn on your computer. The reason is when your lan card is pluged in, aldo you're not connected, your OS will be permanently trying to find a lan conection, therefore using system resources. Hope this will help you

Posted Fri 20 Dec 02 @ 5:02 pm
I had that problem also but when I put the patch on my laptop and put all my mp3s on my C drive and did a disk defrag all the problems went away. I mixed alot with version 1.1 and it ran like a champ for me on 8 hour night at the Club I DJ at every weekend til the new 2.1 came out. I have put it through that same test night after night the only problem I run into is that my laptop take a couple of minutes to shutdown.

Posted Sun 22 Dec 02 @ 4:48 am
SlumpHome userMember since 2002
Mhh that will do... i used to have the same problem running on winxp, with almost EVERY app that tried to play a file on my computer... there were thousands of glitches and cracks in the sound... i tried everything until i changed the OS (some sound cards and BIOS's still have certain trouble with DirectSound- atomixmp3 uses this setup to playback files-Running on Windows XP) so what i did was to build a new partition on my hard drive running WinMe and atomix only, everything once again worked like a charm. Another option would be to get a new sound card (an external one would do great, like Creative SoundLive Extigy! that's a cool one, and the one i use on my laptop) cos some vaiio computer's sound card drivers on XP are still not proved with all DirectSound Applications... so browsing on Windows Update to see if there are better or newer drivers than the ones u have, will be really useful too

Posted Thu 26 Dec 02 @ 10:22 pm
SlumpHome userMember since 2002
Por cierto si necesitas ayuda en espaƱol, tambien te puedo ayudar. (supuse que eras de habla hispana, de donde eres?)

Posted Thu 26 Dec 02 @ 10:25 pm
jsaudioHome userMember since 2004
I definitely recomend the external sound card route. I use the SoundBlaster Extigy and can't say enough good things about it!
My system:
A Shuttle Barebones SS-51 cube with 1gig of ram and a P4 2.54GHz processor.
Twin Maxtor 160Gig Hard Drives using Maxtors' ATA133 IDE card.
A PNY Verto GeeForce4 MX440 video card.
I've got a full fledge DJ system in a custom built, table-top case with a 15" NEC LCD flat screen on sliders that pulls-up out of the back of the case. The Computer connects to the case using one USB, power, and video cable. The USB cable from the computer connects to a USB hub in the case that connects a Fujitsu micro keyboard and a kensington trackball, as well as the Extigy. The extigy uses both front and rear out's that go to my Rane mixing board mounted in the case. I've also got several effects processors and a StudioMaster 1200D amp in the case as well as a Pioneer CMX-5000 CD player in the case for backup. It's a great system. My load in is ony two trips with a hand truck. 1st trip is the DJ case, cable bag, and computer cube. 2nd trip is the speakers and stands. Setup is 10 minutes total. I've been working in the same bar for two years and using this system for the last year. It has given me no problems. I've got about 60,000 songs on the hard drives most recorded at 256kbts or better.
If anyone would like to see pics of the system so you can build one yourself, I'd be happy to share the pics and a blue print of the box I built. Request them from me at joe@js-diskjock.com.... Just another fellow DJ trying to help out.
Later.

Posted Sat 28 Dec 02 @ 2:29 am
I got the demo version Atomix 2.1 on my Notebook PC (IBM R30/PIII/1GHz/384MB/30GB). Using 2 sound cards (internal for monitor, and SB Extigy to the hall).
It seems the scratchy sound output came from some software which was installed after Atomix on the XP Pro.
I reinstalled the whole OS and everything works perfectly now.
The bad output was only when playing through the Extigy (USB drivers might have got wrong or something).
Hope that helps!

Posted Mon 30 Dec 02 @ 3:45 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
FYI : Soundcard configuration is not available in the demo so it is obvious you are using a cracked version. Please purchase a legal version !!

Posted Mon 30 Dec 02 @ 7:29 pm
lol the return of DJ yayo :)

Posted Wed 01 Jan 03 @ 4:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)