Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just to remind you

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

IcetearHome userMember since 2002
ID3 Tags do make sense for some (if not many) people who use Atomix for making money (e.g. like I do). I use the sort function quite often and with a collection of many thousand mp3 I am not satisfied with answers like "I hate ID3 Tags" (which is very constructive isn't it?) and "Atomix needs a certain filename pattern".
I hope the ability to use the tag information will be implemented soon.
Unfortunately I can't (who can?) let Atomix be the leading system for managing my music, I just use it for playing and mixing the music. ID3 Tags are an essential information on mp3 - that's not because I want that, that's because the mp3 format is defined including ID3.

Greetings from Germany
Icetear

Posted Sun 24 Nov 02 @ 6:10 pm
agreed.
if atomixmp3 supports mp3, it should support all aspects of its, not just part of it
i can't advertise a product that supports mp3 just because it can read tags.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 7:07 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
We ask for supporting idtags months ago and i agree with you. But now i got mp3file editor program and i can rename all mp3 files from its idtags and i dont have any problem if atomixmp3 support tags or not.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 4:16 pm
atomixmp3 has one field in addition to artist, track name, and bmp, that is comment. so one can sort by comment as well. but mp3 tag contains separate fields for genre, track number, etc. so if these are available, one can presumably sort and search by those fields as well. so even if one does not need to use atomixmp3 to edit those tags, it would be nice for atomixmp3 to use those fields and let users use those fields intelligently.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 5:44 pm
hey you
I have a problem with my atomix ver 2.1 , when I connect my two sound cards it sounds like on one card I have to two chanals work and on the other card i hear one song .
This thing was even when I checked the setup and I set it on two sound cards and on mixer.
I'll be glad if you helps me .
shay g.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 10:37 pm
ID3 NOW! :)
(preferably ID3v2 so you can include extensive comments and longer track/artist-names :)

Renaming files just makes a mess if you have some of your MP3s on CD.. then you'd have duplicates quite often as you copy to disc, rename, copy the same original file as it is not found on the disc with that name and then (try to) rename that and so on and so forth.. it just makes life harder...

PLEASE!! Give us ID3-support in ver. 2.2 :)

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 9:07 am
Oh. or should I perhaps try this approach:

I won't under any circumstances but AtomixMP3 until it has full ID3(v2)-support since it is supported by almost ANY MP3-player so why not a "proffesional" one, eh?

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 9:11 am
(buy.. not but.. third's a charm right? *embarrased over this whole triplepost-thing*)

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 9:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)