Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Inserting Track Numbers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi..

could someone advise me how to add track numbers (for forward/rewind functions during playback), either after the mix is done or whilst in the mix.

I have a trial version of Atomix and use Nero for burning.

Many thanks for any advice.

Posted Sat 16 Nov 02 @ 3:21 am
atomixmp3 won't let you do it. i don't know anything about nero. but any respectable ripping/encoding software should automatically put track numbers into your mp3 files. otherwise, you can edit mp3 tag yourself. most mp3 players will let you do it, winamp2, winamp3, sonique, what have you, will let you do it. again, atomixmp3 won't let you do it or display it for you, and i don't think atomixmp3 uses mp3 tag information at all.
there are also free softwares that let you edit mp3 tags. go to www.download.com and do a search. the worst is that you manually do it through winamp2 (i like the winamp2 tag editor much better than the winamp3 tag editor). you can go to www.winamp.com and click on the version 2 at the upper right corner to get to the winamp2 download site.

Posted Sat 16 Nov 02 @ 7:57 am
I also use Nero, and there is a way to accomplish this. When you are busy making your mixes in AtomixMp3, you can cut your songs manually, or you can enable autocut which will kick in everytime your fader hits the opposite end of the next deck. Your tunes will be automatically numbered as Tune000.wav, Tune001,...TuneN.wav (where Tune is the name that you have given your mix). During burning, make the spaces between your tunes equal 0 (zero) in Nero, and that will give you a seamless mix that will allow you to cue back or forward to another song, just like any other professionally made cd.

Enjoy...

Posted Sun 17 Nov 02 @ 6:40 pm
I also use Nero software. I don't split the tracks in AtomixMp3, I record as one whole track, and use CDWAV to split the tracks, and name them. Then I use Nero to burn onto cd's. Nero will put track #'s in automatically.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 1:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)