Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Atomixmp3 jams up during mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

esq2manPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a pentium IV 1.6ghz laptop with 512mb ram and a 40gb harddrive running win2k service pack 3. When I run atomix, I have to disable the auto beatmatching and bpm matching settings because my atomix jams up (appears to be low on resources) and the song currently playing will beat repeat for 10 secs, as if the computer froze. Also, even with beat matching and bpm matching disabled, the crossfader will not move all the way to the left or right when mixing from one song to another. I had the same problems when I used atomix on my old desktop. Any suggestions?

Posted Thu 07 Nov 02 @ 8:36 pm
Do you have one or more other programs running ? ( at the same time, can be :anti-virus, a fire wall, etc...)close all the programs useless. maybe.... it's better ?

Posted Tue 12 Nov 02 @ 10:19 am
There are definately no hardware issues there.

Windows 2000 is by far the most stable operating system to run atomix on, which is why it puzzles me that you're having these performance issues.

This may sound a bit much, try formatting your drive and re-installing your Operating System. Make sure you have the lastest sound drivers for your soundcard installed. That is really important.

Let me know how it goes.

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 6:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)