Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: souncards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

iam getting ready to purchase the full versioin but i need to address some concerns first,i have seen some posts where people say i need 2 sound cards,then others say i just need a y splitter.some also say with the soundblaster live i will not get ther same hight qulaity out of both channels,i dont have alot of money so i need to know axactly what i need.iam getting a behringer vmx200.so what do i do about soundcards? will the sounblaster liver be enough quality for a club?

Posted Mon 04 Nov 02 @ 11:31 am
This is my experience : I`m running on Win XP pro and using sound blaster live Mp3. I`m also using one external mixer. In the Atomix`s sound configuration, I`ve set ( 3d card and mixer ). I personaly didn`t notice any kind of sound quality decreasing. Booth channels ( Deck A and Deck B ) are playing good sound. A long time ago, i was running on Win 2000 Pro and I had skipping track problems but now everything is 100%. My sound card has great technical especification ( S/N ratio, Frequency responce, etc..) Take a look at creative`s home page. I think sound blaster live it`s the best choice. I`ve heard some others, like terratec, echo, maya 44, but all of them are very expensive. You can use the external mixer with 2 regulars ( non 4 channels ) sound cards, but : if you`ll go this way, buy diferent sound cards ( some problems of Win conflits).

Posted Mon 04 Nov 02 @ 11:49 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I also recommend using 1 3D soundcard. (soundcard with 2 outputs). Allmost all new soundcards have that option. I found that when using two different soundcards, you get different volume/bass/treble levels. In my experience, using single soundcard ensures you get exactly the same sound from both channels. If you're looking for a value soundcard, I suggest looking at Philips Sonic Edge 5.1. It's a great 3D card for only $39.

Posted Tue 05 Nov 02 @ 1:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)