Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: internal database issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
in the past, there have been several reports of folks having an internal database problem. This results in computer freeze ups, or Atomix shutting down unexpectedly. OK, so I finally had a problem. After almost 2 flawless years, I had a series of freeze ups over the course of 3 weeks. This resulted in the need to do a complete uninstall, and re-install of Atomix. Now it's once again working flawlessly. However, over the course of time since my last uninstall/re-install (when 2.1 was released) I had manually edited many many songs BPM that Atomix had misreported. I don't know the exact percentage of the songs that are mis reported..... it's probably less than 20% of the songs used. However, you don't notice over time how many you have edited, until suddenly they are all being reported wrong again. My suggestion is that since from time to time, (hopefully not too often) there will be reason for an uninstall and re-install of this great program. Wouldn't it be nice if built in there was a manual beat option available. Personally I have a beat counting mixer, so as I'm playing a song that is mis reported I simply tap out the beat on my mixer, then manually edit the file. This is a huge pain in the ass! I suggest that it would be nice to have a manual beat tap option that when used, will automatically update the incorrect BPM that Atomix reports on many songs. As a 4-5 gig a week working DJ, I feel this tool would be an amazing addition to what is already a fairly amazing program. Please team, think hard about this one. I think it's pretty important.

Thanks,

Rick

Of course it would also be useful in an ongoing manner as new music is added. Not just helpful when having to do a re-install.

Posted Fri 25 Oct 02 @ 7:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)