Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ OR ATOMIXMP3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello All. I am looking at buying one of the two packages. Can anyone advise which one. First of all I will tell you what I am using it for; I am a mobile DJ for weddings and birthday parties catering for between 100 and 200 people. I am not a Pro mix-beatmix-scratching-looping-cue point-style dj (take a breath). I just want one of these two pieces of software in order to shed seven cases of cds!!! and the ability to search for tracks quickly. I will be using an external mixer (to keep the hands on kind of approach). So...can anyone advise me which one I should buy.....Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 04 @ 11:38 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What type of a computer will you be using?
If it's a strong enough computer, VirtualDJ wins hands down. If your computer is a bit slower, Atomixmp3 will certainly do the job.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 04 @ 11:54 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hiya.
I've got a 2.6ghz, 512mb ram, 140gb disk. erm......128mb graphics card, soundcard ....hope thats enough info...
one more question can i run it with only one soundcard if so how....also if i buy it can i reload it onto my dj-ing pc (its separate from my home pc...but same spec)?? thanks

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 12:12 am
Your comp is fast so go for VDJ one soundcard can be used but it either needs to be a 3d card or you need to buy audio splitters, you can use it on 2 pc's as long as they are for personal use!

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 12:46 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VirtualDJ !
This is the present and the futur of Digital DJs!

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 9:26 am
DJBoziLE userMember since 2003
Can I put some wood in the fire? Looks like you want to use an external mixer so I think you will either need 2 sound cards or possibly a sound card with more than one channel (ie, fron and rear?) Am i wrong?

Posted Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 2:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)