Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WHY VDJ HAVING PROBLEM PLAYING BIG FILE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY ONE: please I'm asking fix the buffer problem in VDJ every time it locks when I'm playing my big file mixs even 10 min file it has problem with this is pro djing we are talking here I have been useing dj software for 11 years now I got a lot of rm and mhz last night in the club vdj locks up on me the crashguad is not working so every time I got to restart my laptop atomixmp3 plays big file fx and bpm pro they all do,this is something you all need to take care of rigth now,can't be playing in a club music cut's of this happen so much the club owner ask me this weekend to use the cd players I said no way so this weekend I'll start useing bpm pro untill there is a fix I got over 300 mix cds most are 80 90 min long and I rip all of them as one file to keep my mixs going on!! BPM make you rip cd as one file and you can still accs the songs one by one,plaese fix this problem

Posted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 10:40 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm afraid that you have to know that the lenth of the tracks that you can use is somewhat limited by the ammount of RAM that you have.
When you drag a track to the virtualDJ desk, the entire track is written to your ram. Generally this would be a very good thing. However, if you are using 90 minute tracks, of course you will occassionally (often I fear) run into problems. If you plan is to continue working this way, you'll need an incredible ammount of ram.

So, what you are saying is that you won't or can't mix live? So, in a 4 hour set, you play what.... 3 1/2 tracks?

Posted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 4:54 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
have you tried changing the max load feat ?

Posted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 5:04 pm
I do play single track but my classic songs I mix them and put them on cd,I'll not have it fix it! it can be done.why you all have a lower software like atomixmp3 do the job and have vdj which you all say is pro and can't even play some small and big file I don't get it,don't even tell me about ram cause I got lots of it 1g,let's see what happen in the next up date.thanks

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 7:20 am
change the max load feat to always position and is ok i try it and works but you must have the minimum 1gb of ram to play1hourmp3 files and 1500 at least of ram if the mix file is direct from cd

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 11:48 am
guy ram is not the problem here did you read my forum above and I do not mix the cds live they are all mp3 file,I do have vdj on always all the time like I said I'ev been useing dj software for over ten years now and vdj should not lock up playing 9 min file how much ram do we have to get to use vdj a 1000 gig ? in 1992 when I started useing dj software I had 300mhz and 128 of ram at that time ram was alot of money and every thing was working very fine,now I got 3000mhz and 200gig of ram and vdj lock up and the crashguard don't even work some little fixing need to be done.thank you guys

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 6:02 pm
i have not this problem i play me too big files and i have the max load to the always setings and nothing problem and read the minimum spec yes you must have at least 385mb of ram minimum and if you want to work the software beter you must have 1024 at least read the user guide manual i just try to help you

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 6:21 pm
200 gig of ram?
Never heard of such a machine.
If you are playing 90 minute files, you will certainly need A LOT of RAM. (more than a gig) I can't imagine that you have 200 gig of ram. I think that may have been a typo.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 11:08 pm
yes that was a typo,if you are mixing in real time you should not need all this ram to play any big file

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 3:29 am
PAY ATTENTION!!! VirtualDJ loads everything you drag to the desk directly into RAM. If you are playing big files, you NEED a lot of RAM. If you are playing a 90 minute file, and then drag another 90 minute file into the other desk, you need enough to hold both files in their expanded size!
If you want to play 90 minute files, you'll need several GIG of RAM.
If you can't have 2 gig of RAM or more, and you insist on playing 90 minute files, then VDJ is not the software that you should be using.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 2:56 pm
Or change the max load to None.
But in my opinion, VirtualDJ is not the best soft to mix or play several 90min songs.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 3:00 pm
Laughing so much.........

New to all this but I do understand the basic's! Reminds me of a joke I once was told. Its was about who jesus was. It goes on saying the he was so many different people. If fact here it is. Look at the last proof number 2! Think it refers to quite a lot of s*** people who ask for help and then just don;t understand it.

THREE PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS MEXICAN:
1. His first name was Jesus
2. He was bilingual
3. He was always being harassed by the authorities.

But then there were equally good arguments that JESUS WAS BLACK:
1. He called everybody "brother"
2. He liked Gospel
3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

But then there were equally good arguments that JESUS WAS JEWISH:
1. He went into His Father's business
2. He lived at home until he was 33
3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin, and his Mother was sure he was God.

But then there were equally good arguments that JESUS WAS ITALIAN:
1. He talked with his hands
2. He had wine with every meal
3. He used olive oil.

But then there were equally good arguments that JESUS WAS A CALIFORNIAN:
1. He never cut his hair
2. He walked around barefoot
3. He started a new religion.

But then there were equally good arguments that JESUS WAS IRISH:
1. He never got married
2. He was always telling stories
3. He loved green pastures.

But perhaps the most compelling evidence that JESUS WAS A WOMAN:
1. He had to feed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get the message across to a bunch of men who JUST DIDN'T GET IT!
3. Even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was more work for him to do.

Paul. Hope you enjoy and keep your'e patience guy's and gals. No offence to women!!!

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 6:00 pm
pauljwestran: Please donĀ“t insult another users !

btw, very good but a little old joke

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 7:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)