Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ and Mixman DM2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Could someone please give me detailed instructions on how to make the DM2 work with VDJ. I do have the DM2 to Midi driver installed.

Thanks

Posted Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 6:35 pm
Does anyone out there no how to setup the DM2 with VDJ?

Posted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 3:41 pm
SweedeHome userMember since 2004
Err... Someone should make a plugin that enables the DM2, the program DM2MIDI (MIDI turntable emulator) and VDJ to work together... (Yes, VDJ developers, this means you! :) ) The only feature which makes Traktor DJ better than virtual DJ is that it actually supports DM2...

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 1:13 am
As to say, it is supposed to work with the new versions, which do support using a MIDI device, but configuring the scratch wheel of course, now that is an issue...

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 1:15 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I too heard in a previous thread that it is supposed to work with VDJ. Post here if you get it working and what you think of the DM2. I am thinking about picking one up just to play and maybe use as an extreme backup. Where did you get yours, direct from the company?

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 2:47 am
From Ebay...

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 12:45 pm
I just got an email back from the DM2 company and they said it doesn't work with VirtualDJ. Either their confused or...?

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 4:08 pm
Nice of them to reply... The thing is, I did use VDJ with DM2 recently, and it worked, though not flawlessly. If more people need it, I could make a complete plugin for it (actually shortcuts and manual) to make it work, besides the scratch reel.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 7:27 pm
Actually, it turned out that the DM2 has can produce new sounds. When I calibrated the 3 FX buttons for the VDJ effects, when the effects were already on, they reFX-ed them. Each time I pushed nr1 for flanger, it reseted the effect, but didnt turn it off. So, I could do accurate beat-flanging... Sounded real cool...

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 7:36 pm
Actually I don't really care bout the effects, I have a number pad which I already use. I would just like it to do the cue up thingy, beat match and start/cue/stop if possible.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 9:34 pm
Did you ever get yours to work djreggieward?

Posted Wed 14 Jan 04 @ 1:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)