Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SHOUTcast plugin for internet radio broadcasting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know how to configure the SHOUTcast plugin to work with Atomixmp3 or vice-versa? Or is there an easier or better way to use Atomixmp3 for live internet radio mixing?

Posted Mon 19 Feb 01 @ 8:23 pm
MikeHome userMember since 2001
Hi,

Well for the moment it seems that this plugin does not work with the 1.12 version of atomix. But Yan-X told me that it will work with the next version... wait & see !

Cya

Mike

Posted Wed 21 Feb 01 @ 7:39 pm
Turn on advanced options in the Shoutcast DSP..
dont play any mp3s using winamp..
just turn on NULL output..
then use Atomix to mix..

winamp will stream whatever comes out of your computer..
just make sure your stereo mixer or whatever the selection is for your computer sounds is checked in RECORDING OPTIONS.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 01 @ 12:13 am
Problem is that DSP's work on each deck, not the both of them together.... so you'll only have half the stream :D

Posted Sun 17 Jun 01 @ 11:47 pm
It's easy, for me, to broadcast with Shoutcast for Winamp.

My main out goes to my amp. The amp has many record outputs, one of which is connected into my soundcard's "line in" jack. I simply open winamp with shoutcast DSP running, and select line in as shoutcast's source. It picks up the audio from the record out of my amp, which is actually coming from Atomix, and broadcasts that to the shoutcast server. works great!

To many life really easy, I cleared the winamp playlist, hid the eq and playlist, and used the up arrow on the top of the winamp console to make it just a bar. move the bar on top of the DSP plugin window, and close winamp to save the settings. Now, when I click the winamp shortcut, the DSP plugin loads automatically, autoconnects to the shoutcast server, and starts broadcasting. minimize winamp, do your mix, and when your done, close winamp. couldn't be easier :)

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 4:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)