Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how i solve the screen delay problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here we go,
I am using a pII in 1.2ghz with sb5.1live 256mb ram and g-force II 400/400Mx and using atomixmp3 v2.1.1 on WinXp proffesional

My problem was that while i was mixing i had the screen delay while i was scrolling the song list and when i was playing with eq volume etc...(patch didnt helped me much)

So first i change the color to 16bit,this helped a little but not much,so i started to search how i can still solve my problem

i opened the windows task manager ctrl+alt+del and i saw the cpu usage while i was making the same changes with volume eq etc.So i realize that atomix when you dont do anything is using 5-10% of the cpu but when you use some sliders then the usage is about 15-60% total cpu usage (90%) and there is exactly the problem.The screen delay is starting when the usage is about 30% but as i realize the real problem is not the usage of the 30% but the quick changes from 10-30%.So i started to think how i can make atomix use more cpu all the time so not to have this skiping.I made a right click in the image name atomixmp3.exe and i set priority to REAL TIME.The screen delay problem is solved.

BUT

1st DISABLE all the running programs like antiviruses and quick play shits (to have minimum cpu usage.
2nd I dont take any responsibility about what kind of problems this can cause in your pc as i am not a pc technician and i dont know,maybe someone with better knowledge can write something about that.
3rd After you exit atomix the priority is set automaticaly to normal lever so that means every time that you open atomix you have to set up priority

Last saturday i used atomixmp3 in this way in a club with very bad sound at the djs stand(thats why i wanted the screen to work perfectly also) for 5h with no problem

I hope i helped some of you guys
Cj-dimitris.T
http://cj-dimitrist.tripod.com/

Posted Mon 26 Aug 02 @ 6:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)