Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problems atomixmp3 with shoutcast

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

garakHome userMember since 2002
hey there

i have a very annoying problem....

when i try to broadcast my mix with atomix trough shoutcst, i have the following problem:

i 've 1 3d soundcard which works fine if winamp (to run that plugin to broadcast) is NOT on.

when i start winamp, i hear both channel trough my headphone

does anyone know how to fix this problem

or is there perhaps another way to broadcast my mixes?

thnx alot

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 9:32 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please provide more details I am not sure that I understand your problem.

Regards,

DJ Homeboy

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 2:54 am
RedEyzHome userMember since 2003
Are you using a mono splitter? [Y Split]

And you don't need winamp running to use the plug in.

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 4:01 am
He's not using a Y-splitter if has a 3D soundcard.. right?

gark: I suspect that you might be using Winamp to shoutcast using the wavemix output as a input(/source) for Winamp?
If that's where the problem lies you should use Atomix' Record-function and "save" the recorded audio to the SC-plugin itself.
There's no need to use Winamp at all to shoutcast with Atomix.

Using external programs to record/shoutcast from Atomix will most likely result in hearing both channels when you use a 3D-soundcard or Y-splitter configuration in Atomix as all the audio(both main and preview) are sent to the soundcard and are thereby included in the wavemix output used by other programs to record.

Solution with 3D-card configuration:
If you can somehow choose to record just from the front channels of a 3D-soundcard with an external application that would work..

Solution with Y-splitter configuration:
When you record a Y-splitter-mix with an external program I would guess it's easier to fix as the preview is on one of the stereo-channels and the output is on the other.
(If you leave it as is you could basically make a mixing-tutorial on the fly with your preview-work present on the right(or is it left??) channel and if you don't want to hear that you can either make a mono-file of the stereo-channel containing the mix or just play around with the stereo-balance in your MP3-player :o)

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 9:37 am
I just re-read the post and I saw that detail that you hear both decks in your headphones..
That phenomenon (both chan's audible while previewing) was discussed in this thread:
http://www.atomixmp3.com/forum/display.html?forum=3&topic=7832

There we concluded that the previewed track is heard over/together with the playing track with the preview-slider as a control to how loud the preview should be mixed into the playing track.. so, as I understood it (can't try it out with my 2.1demo) you can never hear JUST the preview-track in your headphones but rather a preliminary(=it's only audible to you) crossfader-mix of the two tracks..

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 12:53 pm
thnx for all the replies

it is id also to load the shoutcast plugin in atomix
unfortunallyn that doens't slove the problem

i've looked for ways to only select the front as recorded output
but that seems not be possible

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 5:19 pm
garakHome userMember since 2002
ok, i'll try to discribe my problem a bit beter:

i have 1 3d soundcard (muse)

my speakers are connected to the front
my headphone to the rear

normally, this works fine BUT

when i start the shoutcast plugin (in atomix= record = ....)
i can't prelisten to my songs, i just here the 2 decks in my headphone

also, the paople who are listening hear the 2 songs, even while the crossfader is to 1 side

i hope i've been mor clearly now

thnx for any hints u can give me

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 5:39 pm
OK, that's a good explanation of your problem.. unfortunately I can't help that much you since I've had no experience with 3D-soundcard configurations...

It's kinda strange though.. does this only happen while shoutcasting or do you always here both tracks in you headphones?

Two other things spring to my mind from previous posts like this one but I guess you don't have any problems with this since it seems to work other than when you shoutcast:
* Have you chosen the right configuration in the Soundcard configuration i Atomix?

* Is your soundcard configured for Quadrophonic sound (4 equally balanced channels so that the rear is not somehow blended with the front)? (this one is certainly NOT the problem since you record directly from Atomix so the soundcard isn't involved in the problem)

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 8:15 am
hi garak i used to have a muse soundcard i think it was muse XL and it was very poor it never worked with atomix at all so i sold it to a mate and bought a soundblaster instead!

Posted Sun 09 Jun 02 @ 1:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)