Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Will not play some MP3 files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,

I'm using an Intel PIII 1.1 GHz 256MB RAM laptop with XP pro. I've used PC DJ Red and Traktor previously. I'm finding about 15% of my files will not play on Atomix. They load to the side I choose but show no time remaining and will not play.
They play fine in Traktor and PC DJ Red and in Win Media Player. Any ideas??? All files are at 128Kbps or better with mixed version 1 and version 2 tags.

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 8:22 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
is it possible you are trying to play files that have been moved since the last time you let Atomix scan your drive. Rescan the drive, and try those tracks again.

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 1:55 pm
Convert your "bad" mp3 files in .wav. Then, convert now these wav in mp3 (44.100/16 Bits).

Verify if your mp3 is in 44.100 Khz. Are 22.000 Khz files runs with Atomix?

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 2:23 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I also believe that they are not being recognized cause you have probably moved your mp3's. As Impression said just rescan you hard drive.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 3:14 pm
Either that or you renamed them. You have to rescan after re-naming too.

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 3:54 pm
Thank you to all for the help. I was not aware that files needed to be rescanned if moved. I was working against myself by creating folders for songs I wanted to play later as I was going. They all work fine after rescan. Thanx again!!

Posted Fri 07 Jun 02 @ 4:37 am
Whoo Hoo!! Glad I could be helpful!

Posted Fri 07 Jun 02 @ 3:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)