Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: any fixes for the windows 2000 skipping problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i'm guessing it's bad coding on behalf of the programmers, a bit dissapointed the problem has not been solved yet!

I was just wondering if all the people that are having the problem, are you on an NTFS file system by any chance?

This is the only thing i can think of as being the culprit now, as stupid as it seems!

I've updated sound graphics and twiddled with my system for weeks now and not come to a solution!

I'm hoping i'm not going to have to resolve to going back down to Windows ME! :-(

Posted Wed 15 May 02 @ 10:08 pm
Your sound card is a SoundBlaster? It's all right?

Posted Wed 15 May 02 @ 10:17 pm
I prefer w98se to wME.

Posted Wed 15 May 02 @ 10:19 pm
ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
I have win 2k, SBlive, 392ram, etc. I've had serious skipping problems since 2.1 came out. It's basically unusable, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I can't use Atomix for recording or live performances, at all.

I'm sure sales are going to be affected by this bug, and the longer the team waits, the worse it will be in the long run. By now this problem has been well documented.

Anyway, 2.2 will be possibly the most important upgrade so far, as it seems 2.1 is worthless, at least for many of us. Hope to see this fixed very soon.

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 12:17 am
DjduaneHome userMember since 2002
I have same problem. Am using Win 2K, 512 MB RAM, Soundblaster Live but am using FAT32 not NTFS. Unfortunately, the skipping problem is unpredicatable such that I couldn't use this in an actual gig. Come to think of it, the skipping sort of simulates a drunk bumping into the turntables..................brings back memories of the good ol days!

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 6:23 am
Ok, I had the same problem with w2000.

There are many soluces:
-Download the last driver for SB;

-with headphones + phones, the w2000 creative wdm driver runs bad. So, buy a second sound card and the problem'll be (perhaps) corrected. Before, try with a second sound card.

-with wXP, I have told at Yayo that try it, (copy/paste):
"I'm Belgian and my wXP is in French. Perhaps my translate isn't correct. Go "start" and click on "Execute". Type "DxDiag" in there. You'll arrived in DirectX diagnose. So, go on Song (or Multimedia, I don't know the exactly translate), the fourth page.
In there, reduce the "acceleration..." (I don't know the exactly word). Step by step and try that. Be care, performance are reduce. "

-optimal soluce = multi-boot: work on w98se (be care! There aren't wdm driver!) WITH 2 sound cards (SB! LIve + PCI128), Atomix ask vxd drivers and not wdm drivers. The problem'll be resolved, I'm sure! For run Atomix, w98se is the best OS (not NT engine and less requirement)

Try and tell me the result. See ya.

Phenryll

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 8:13 am
Atomix 2.0 ask not wdm for runs normally with headphones + phones. With 2.1, do it.

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 8:15 am
yes i have a soundblaster live, downloaded the latest drivers recently! blah blah blah, doesn't solve it!

Maybe it's a w2k, SBlive combination problem, but it works fine on w9x systems, so i can only put it down to bad programming!

I hope it gets fixed soon, because as the other guys say, the program is bascially unuseable at the moment for performing live or doing recordings!

I've had to go as far as installing a piece of software called vmware today, that bascially creates a virtual machine, inside your current machine, so that i could install windows 98 into that, and run atomix from inside there! However it's only a 30 day trial, and $500 to fix this problem, seems a bit steep! with any luck it can be solved before then! :-)

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 8:51 pm
Ok, but reducing acceleration in DirectX diagnose resolved the problem? Creative drivers runs bad, sure, but that soluce will be resolved the beat skipping. Tell me what please.

Or, install the unofficial Creative driver: http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/drivers.html#Driver/support%20pages

If you want to install w98se after w2000, try Xosl: http://home.wanadoo.nl/geurt/download.html

Excellent program which can install some another OS (wXP, Linux, w9x...). Be care with that!

Phenryll (who help anewton) :)))

Posted Fri 17 May 02 @ 5:23 pm
If the unofficial driver runs bad, reduce acceleration in DirectX diagnose.

Posted Fri 17 May 02 @ 5:25 pm

Posted Fri 17 May 02 @ 5:36 pm
reducing accelaration did not solve the problem

i will download theother drivers and see what happens,.

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 7:53 pm
89jettaHome userMember since 2002
Have the SAME problem, same setup, it's not my system! I have extensive computer knowledge, and have been tweaking my system since 2.1 came out. IT'S ATOMIX!! Please mods send a resolution

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 8:27 pm
just my luck

the site that hosts these files is currently having problems and the downloads are not there,

anyone know of a mirror site, i've just spent the last hour searching and found nothing! Thank god i don't have a swear box! I'd be pennyless now!

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 9:30 pm
ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
aaaarrrrrrgghhh! If this software wont run with win 2000 and SB live, it's worthless. That combination is so standard, it's ridiculous! This sucks!

Why doesn't anyone from Atomix address this? At least SAY something.

Posted Sun 19 May 02 @ 6:05 am

Posted Sun 19 May 02 @ 9:24 am
I'm afraid the soluce is runs Atomix on an another OS. I have the same problem with w2000. Now, I run Atomix on w98se with 2 sound cards (vxd drivers). There aren't Creative wdm drivers (ask for headphones + phones with one sound card)on this one. Or, with wXP, it's an another soluce.

Posted Sun 19 May 02 @ 9:31 am
RedEyzHome userMember since 2003
WDM Drivers are better anyway. =)

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 12:57 am
brb57Home userMember since 2003
I had the same problems with Win2000, 1gig processor, 256 meg ram, 60gig hard drive and atomixmp3 2.1 and sound blaster 5.1 live. I used allthe new drivers from creative I installed and reinstalled , the program still skipped about once every 3 min or so. It was really getting anoying then I rembered my win2000 pro software was the first edition so I went to Microsoft.com and downloaded service pak 2 (it was about 100 meg for complete download) and burned it to a cd along with the new directx 8.1 also from Microsoft. After I installed service pak 2 and then directx 8.1 I haven't had any skipping at all in over 50 hours of live performance. Long story short - Don't just update sound card drivers. Also update OS,Directx,Video and any other hardware.

Posted Tue 02 Jul 02 @ 8:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)