Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Broadcasting Live with Atomix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sup everyone...

The other day I was listening to someones live broadcast on shoutcast and they were using Atomix MP3 to do this....

Now, how would I go about doing that? He told me you have to do a lot of things... so can someone PLEEAASSEEE explain this to me???

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 4:44 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
You will need the shoutcast plug in. You can download it from the winamp site. Now just set up your recording as per the shoutcast .dll. Hit record and then select "save to" then choose the shoutcast .dll

DJ Homeboy

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 6:25 am
(nt = no text)

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 7:11 am
LOL... I still don't get it...
I'm gonna try it but can u go more into detail?

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 7:12 am
OK.. here is what I did..
I saved the AtomixMp3 mp3s that I was playing to the shoutcast .dll file called dsp_sc.dll and as soon as I went to file save as on the .dll file and pressed RECORD, it worked.. now the problem is, it never wanted to connect when I pressed the CONNECT button...

So basically it would only open the dsp_sc.dll file but not WINAMP....

Any help there??

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 7:34 am
NEVERMIND!!! I GOT IT...
HAHHAHAHAHA
I'm soooo stupid
I forgot to turn on the Shoutcast Server... lol, no wonder it never wanted to connect... WICKED SHIT..
thanx a lot man

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 8:09 am
Hehe... an anon' Shoutcast-broadcaster?
Something tells me there are no "This is just a demo-version"-plings(/silences) in his Shoutcast-sessions as there stilla are in mine (just streaming for friends so I don't mind).

You naughty naughty person! :)

On a side-note:
if/when you already have a Shoutcast DNAS(=server) running on your 'puter and got some bandwidth to spare it's kinda cool to have "on demand streaming" enabled for your friends..
I'm not sure how/if that holds up legally so just let your friends in on this to stay safe but it can basically enable them to listen to whichever file they want in your MP3-archive any time they feel like it.. no need to download complete, just stream it straight away from the start :o)
If my network-connection was a bit faster and hell of a lot more reliable I would CERTAINLY use this method to stream from my buddies' 'puters all day and maybe even mix with it if it weren't for the fact that you can't timestretch and change the pitch of streaming media.

Posted Thu 02 May 02 @ 1:17 pm
the exact thing happened to me !!!! it took me fucking hours to figure out what was wrong. it turned out that i did not have the server gui running.

Posted Fri 03 May 02 @ 4:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)