Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problem with soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

since i've loaded a legit version of atomix i've lost most of the sound out of my left speaker unless i open the software. i'm running an sb live 5.1 card on xp with altec atp3 speakers. the speakers work fine, i just gotta open atomix to get balanced sound. thanks.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 2:19 am
Atomix has a little "feature" that makes it pull up the Main-/Wave-volumes to max when started unless the option for multiple instances is enabled.

Try enabling that and see if it still has this effect;
it might be that your volumesettings are maxed out when Atomix is started...

Oh... and a piece of advice from an experienced PC-technician(=me):
try your speakers with an other audio-source than the PC just to verify if it might be a blown speaker or just volume-settings in the system.
If it's systemrelated it should have to do with the ordinary volumesettings for the soundcard since Atomix has no control over the volumesettings until it is actually started (that's what makes me believe it's balance-/volumesetting associated with the soundcard)

I share your pain though since I have recently blasted (verified that by trying them with my MD) one of my PC-speakers, probably when mixing but I can't really blame Atomix since I usually crank it up a bit more than the speakers can handle (I blew my parents' speakers a few years back as well and those were kinda top-notcht so I'm a bad person) :oP

I will check if it's the Left or Right speaker when I get home just to see if it might be the left speaker in my case as well..
not that I belive that Atomix would have unbalanced stereochannels but just to check if there might be a connection...

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 8:58 am
thanks for the advice, you were bang on.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 3:23 am
Your welcome :o)

[PS]
Propellerheads' song "Bang on!"

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 10:43 am
Hmm.. damn html-bracket-filter..
What I was gonna say was that tune has a pretty cool intro monologue... Just got to think of it when I read that reply :o)

"Oh..no, nothing there either.. I know, try that button... BANG ON!!!" ;o)

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 10:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)