Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help - Edit BPM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I'm completely new to this programme and would be grateful of some help. I am a fitness instructor, not a DJ, so please excuse my ignorance. I am trying to mix music for my fitness classes, but I'm having problems with the following:

I have tried editing the bpm of tracks, but when I play them they seem to return to the original bpm.

Is there a way of automatically mixing tracks to phrase i.e 32 beat phrasing, or does it have to be done manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 8:12 pm

Hello!

It's fun to see that someone finding a new application for this software (= the fitnessclub instead of the nightclub :o)

There's no automatic phrasing/cycle detection so you still have to keep track of the phrases by counting beats..

If you select a file in the play-/file-list and edit the BPM there before loading it onto one of the decks that BPM should stay there, it does for me.. (you can NOT edit the BPM just by selecting the deck playing the song and press Alt+B, it has to be done from the lists)
However, whatever BPM you enter for a song it will still play at normal speed until you sync the BPM with the other deck.

The BPM you enter manually doesn't mean "play this track at X beats per minute instead of normal speed", it's more like "when matching this track to the BPM of another track this track should be considered to be X BPM at normal speed".

So entering a BPM manually is not a means of pitch-control in itself, it only gives you the chance to correct a faulty BPM-analysis of a song so that you can see the correct BPM displayed and still beatmatch automatically even though the track maybe wasn't analyzed correctly.

I hope this helps.. and that I haven't misunderstood you completely :)

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 8:24 am
[PS]
Of course the pitch-sliders/shortcuts alters the speed of the track as usual.. the only difference is that the BPM showed when doing so will correspond to the BPM you entered and not the BPM detected)
..just thought that might need some clarification as I the track will play at normal speed "no matter what"(=a bit misguiding") :)
[/PS]

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 8:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)