Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: atomix on a tv screen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Before buying atomix I would like to know if it is possible to find a way to visualize it on a tv screen, as the only primary monitor (it has a VGA plug).
The problem at the moment is that the maximum tv screen resolution is 640X480 at 60 hz.
Thank you for the advices.
Rob

Posted Sun 21 Apr 02 @ 9:34 pm
Yes, but you will need a tv-out output in your video card. Or a vga-to-pal plug. The problem with the resolution is that you'll only see a part of your atomixmp3, the other part will be over the top of the tv screen and below the botton of your tv screen. Anyway, this could be solved by using a 640X480 skin for atomixmp3.

Posted Sun 21 Apr 02 @ 11:12 pm
Works for me, even though I have the same restrictions..
I THINK however that my TV-out supports 800x600 but either way:
I can pan' to whatever is outside the visible area just by moving my mouse-cursor to that area and the TV-view will trace that movement.. but that all depends on what videocard/drivers you have).

However.. I myself am working on a (640x480-)skin for all those who need a smaller skin for these kind of solutions and for laptop-users who can't use higher resolution than that.

PS.
Once I even got the Winamp Advanced Visualization Studio plugin to do it's magic on the TV once while I did mine on the PC-monitor, thanks to the Winamp Visuals-wrapper and a little bit of luck with the videocard-driver..
and THAT was pure sweetness... my first thougt was "LIVE SHOW W/ VISUALS!!" :o)
DS.

Posted Mon 22 Apr 02 @ 11:29 am
Thank you for your reply.
I would like to have one 640X480 skin, as I only found 800X600 skins. I would be very gratefull if you could tell me were to find it :-)
Rob

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 8:27 pm
About the 640x480-skin: I did my absolutely first test-rendering of my (half-done) skin in 1280x1024 resolustion last night and it look GREAT...
I'll have no problems sizing it down to 800x600 or 640x480 what so ever, I just have to change the resolution for the rendering and slightly modify the 3D-model to compensate for the change in size and it'll come out cristal clear :o)

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 8:08 am
It wolud be very nice if you could send me the skin at 640X480. I can mail you or I can give you my e-mail or you can post it in the atomix site, as they do not have one yet.
Maybe some others may find it usefull. Thank you for your effort!
Rob

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 9:16 pm

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 10:35 am
Thank you very much Tommy_2Tall!

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 6:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)