Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Card Support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why is it that every time I start Atomixmp3 I must go to the sound card configuration and select "OK" to get optimal sound out of my sound card? I have a 3d SB live 5.1? I get sound even if I don't do this, but once I do this there is a GREAT sound and volume boost. It is like atomix isn't remembering my configuration from usage to usage. It still shows the proper configuration... 3d card and headphones...but, I can open it and shut it down and re-open it.... and the same thing will happen.

Any suggestions? Or is this normal for version 2.1?

Thanks in advance,
Ronny582

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 5:15 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Are you using the Demo ?

I Use sblive and Audigy cards without any problem

If you have bought the full version post a bit more info about your computer o/s etc..

STU

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 10:07 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
first, go to www.creative.com and get the latest drivers

second, make sure your creative card is selected at the primary windows sound interface (this shouldnt really matter much, though)

third, in the sound control panel advanced options on the soundboard, make sure the sample rate conversion quality and acceleration features are both set to maximum

fourth, unless you are running Windows XP, go to www.microsoft.com/directx and get DirectX 8.1 and install this.

if nothing above fixes it, remove and reinstall atomixmp3 2.1. It may be atomixmp3 has a bad sound card GUID in the registry or something dumb like that.

this is not normal for atomixmp3. please post your complete system config (hardware config, operating system, software, etc etc) if you continue to have troubles.

I'm betting one of the above will help. My guess is it's defaulting to the emulated driver, which sounds like @#$%@#$

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 11:36 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have the same "problem" with my SB Live! Player. I´ll try to find the solution tomorrow. I think the registry is a good place to find it. ;-)

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 7:47 am
re-loaded Direct -x 8.1 and all seems fine for now...try it.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 5:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)