Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WDA driver for soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Its sais it cant initialize the WDA driver and that I can not use a VxD driver........so that means that my soundcard is too old for atomix v2.1?

Any of you are using SB Live!5.1?? If you are, are you satisfied? Good sound quality? And, is it fully compatible with Atomix??

Thanx alot!

Rave Master

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 2:54 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
Let me guess, you're running Window 95?

Win95 doesnt support the newer drivers - upgrade to windows 98SE or later... then get the newest SB drivers from www.creative.com

as far as the SB Live! Cards, they are decent. for mixing and all, they work fairly well. There are not the best nor the worst, at least the drivers are stable. Do note, however, that you can only have one soundblaster per system.. with some other cards you can have multiple cards installed (handy for using an external mixer)

-nate

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 8:56 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Remember that if you have a VIA 686B southbridge, common on many Athlon systems, that the Live has incompatibilities on that chipset.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 10:52 pm
i have 98se and intell 667........so there is no prob there
the card is ForteMedia FM801......and they stopped making drivers....really bad towards customers, so i cant get a newer driver...are any other drivers compatible with ForteMedia cards??

thanx!

Rave Master

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 2:17 pm
Brian CHome userMember since 2001
Rave Master

Have you got this working yet.

I've even reformatted, installed Windows 98 SE, installed latest graphic drivers, latest creative drivers, directx8 and Atomix V2.1. Nothing else has been installed.

I still can't get hardware mixing.

Anyone have any answers? I'm wasting good mixing time trying to solve this. Things were fine with V2

Brian C

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 3:38 pm
I am a proud owner and user of an SB Live! Value 5.1, and I must say the sound is great. My system is:

1.12GHz AMD Athlon
768MB SD-RAM
3x40GB HDD
Windows 2000 Server SP2

My only problem with the driver for this sound card, was that it doesn't support separate sound levels for the front or rear speakers, which means that I cannot increase the sound levels going to my headphone. Other than that, this card kicks it. However, when using Software Mix, whith all the equaliser features of Atomix, I get alot of skipping. It's even worse for Version 2.1. I have down graded to to Version 2.0.

Mark

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 8:15 pm
KoshHome userMember since 2002
I got the same WDA driver error message while installing my Audigy (MP3+) card.

Pentium III
600 Mhz
256MB RAM
Win98SE 4.10.2222 A

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 1:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)