Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I Need Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys, I Somehow had my Atomix corrupted, and kept on crashing on me. When I removed, I cannot re-install it again, from Atomix web-page. I Have my registration number and everything, but just don't know how to do it. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 5:26 am
Question.
I Have McAfee Virus Scan Online installed in my computer. Does this make Atomix Crash like that? Should I have my Virus Shield disabled before running Atomix?

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 5:54 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Firts: For a new download, mail to service@atomixmp3.com
2°: I had Norton antivirus and I had to remove it! Same problem as you.- (because anti-virus are always checking files) Understad me? I hope so...
Bye,
Dj Coc "Argentina"

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 2:47 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I use an antivirus too without any problem

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 3:42 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
McAfee VirusScan: no problem!

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 4:35 pm
I'm a PC Tech for a BMW supplier as well as a professional DJ. If you do not have your computer connected to the internet and you do not load stuff off of disks that were made by friends then you really do not need virus scanning software. However, you do need it on any PC that is connected to the internet. Virus scan will cause Atomix to crash if you have it set to scan all files all the time. If you set it to run only when tell it to run then you should be fine. The best thing to do with your DJ PC is to keep it off of the internet and to burn all of your downloaded music onto CD's in MP3 format. This way you have a backup in case anything happens to either PC.
Hope that helps

DJ Noyes

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 4:54 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Norton 2002 no problems !

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 8:13 pm
I thank U all very much.
DJ Coc I did figure that out (Out of Frustration) when I kept sending Emails throughout Atomix Web pages until Atomix service department sent me an Email telling me where to go.
Sometimes people figure the impossible when they get frustrated huh? :-) ....Thanks again.
The rest of you, accept my many thanks specially DJ Noyes.
Mr. Noyes I did thought about it, and since IM logged on five hours a day I set my virus scan to check all files all the time, and I figured that Mcafee is somehow checking all files (Including) Atomix which is running and busy working on my gigs.
Now Atomix has to stop what its doing, and let Mcafee search for viruses. THERE! I have my crashes.....THE ABVIOUS huh?
I'll Start disabling Mcafee and logoff of the Internet when playing Atomix.
We'll see what happens.
Again, Thanks all for your time to help a brother.

Posted Thu 14 Mar 02 @ 7:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)