Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Who cares?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a question that maybe this time someone will answer:

Who would buy this software with what appears to be a total lack of support? The FAQ is horribly weak, the "online manual" is rudimentary, and the forums appear to be largely ignored by anyone who might have actual answers.

Don't get me wrong - AtomixMP3 is a GREAT program at a decent price, and it seems to be very stable and feature-rich. But I would only recommend it to someone whose technical abilities were strong enough to find answers on their own.

I posted a question on Tuesday that went completely unanswered all week. Apparently I was not the only one to have this problem. If it was a stupid question that gets asked a lot, the answer should have been in the FAQ or the online manual, or someone could have replied "RTFM". However the answers were not to be found and I ended up with an improvised solution that did not work very well because of latency issues inherent to the emulated driver approach I had to use.

$60 US is a reasonable price for this program, and I would have gladly paid for a legitimate copy of the "evaluation" code I used to install AtomixMP3, but if this is the level of support I can expect, I think I'll pass and look at other products instead.

AtomixMP3 is a great program and is VERY close to being perfect with the exception of a couple of limitations and oversights. For example, why isn't the ID3 tag examined for Artist and Song names instead of the MP3 filename? It's little things like this that make you scratch your head and wonder why programmers this capable and talented didn't go the extra inches to include features that would inevitably induce complaints.

I will keep my eye open for the 2.1 update to see if my mind can be changed, but at this point I will also keep my $60. I also hope this pisses some of you off because those who actually DO buy this software deserve better treatment. It's a little-known concept called "customer service" that only seems to be en-vogue during a recession when people actually value their jobs and take pride in their work.

Posted Sat 16 Feb 02 @ 8:15 pm
Have you even considered emailing the atomix team for answers (Check the "support page")

Although not sure of an actual release date, I am sure you will definately be pleased with 2.1 !!!

Posted Sat 16 Feb 02 @ 11:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)