Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help with soundcard please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just bought a hercules muse xl soundcard and i'm using a external mixer but when the crossfader is across the one side i can still hear the other channel and its echoed i dunno whats wrong with it! it happens both sides of the crossfader!

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 7:17 pm
Sounds like you mixer. Don't know about the echoeing part, but the crossfader on your mixer isn't completely killing the sound of the opposite channel.

Brad

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 9:49 pm
its not my mixer cos it worked when i had 2 soundcards

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 11:25 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
does the configuration of your sound card offer an option of "spatial"... make sure that is un checked.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 02 @ 12:10 am
there is no "spatial" option and it also does it using the software crossfader

Posted Mon 11 Feb 02 @ 7:35 pm
it's doesn't have to be called pacial. but i had this exact problem yesterday, i just bought an sb live 5.1 and i was playing around with the options and without realizing it, i turned one of the effects on and it started echoing everything. i finally found it. but look in your sound cards options program and see if theres anywhere you could turn effects on or off, make sure they're all off

-Dyce

sorry i didn't log in

Posted Mon 11 Feb 02 @ 11:40 pm
I am having this exact same problem with a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 3D card. No matter what monitor option I select, if I have 3D card selected I get echo. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Benefactor

Posted Tue 12 Feb 02 @ 5:10 am
Oh, I should add that I have turned off (muted) all the on-board effects and tried changing my speaker model in both the SC Control Panel and the Windows multimedia Control Panel icon. I have a gig coming up Friday and it would be nice to be able to get headphone preview working properly.

Posted Tue 12 Feb 02 @ 2:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)