Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Security

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to lock or secure atomix from anyone else having access by way of a password?

Posted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 10:01 pm
Not at the current moment, but perhaps there will be a security option in the next update. Try posting this idea in the wish list forum, and most-likely the team will try to incorporate your idea into the next version of atomix:)

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 1:36 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You can download a program to lock a complete directory in windows with a password?

Maybe it helps, ikke

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 5:44 pm
Just don't forget your password then.:)

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 7:50 pm
Maybe security options like in BPM Studio would be nice. You have to create users (with a password) and say what they are allowed to do and what not, e.g. some users can't delete mp3's from your harddrive, or can't change your soundcard settings. This is usefull when mixing at a party, so you can't make any mistakes.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 7:58 pm
Why do you want password protection? I could see you wanting different user names, with different settings, but why passwords? :)

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:04 pm
Was this a question for me? Well, I'd like a password so other users can't change my Atomix settings when they are on the computer (ok, I've got XP with different users, but I don't know if Atomix uses this user-based system).

Greetz, ikke

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:09 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In XP you can install AtomixMP3 in a folder that´s only visible for one user. So you can create a user with all music programs in this folder.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 8:13 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can also do the same in windows 2000 !

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 6:02 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Of course, but ikke said, he has XP. :-)

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 7:23 pm
Ok mama, you're right, but I thought someone with full access permissions (the main administrator) could access all the folders (so, including your Atomix folder), doesn't he?

Sorry if I made a mistake, ikke

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 8:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)