Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphones with WinXP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi u all,

I'm using 2 basic soundcards (SB 128 PCI) in my desktop.

When i was using Win2000, I never had any problem with the headphones.

I just installed WinXP Pro, and f..k, no way to use the second card for headphones. The cards have different IRQs and different I/O so ...

Is there someone here that experienced the same problem ?
Please help if u can

THX

Posted Fri 18 Jan 02 @ 8:52 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Does XP recognizes your 2 soundcards in the config panel of XP?

Hope it helps, ikke

Posted Fri 18 Jan 02 @ 9:29 pm
I have a similar setup (with an SB 128 PCI and an SB 64 PCI) and noticed that in Win2000, it gave them both totally different names, but in WinXP it calls them both 'Sound Blaster PCI'. So when selecting the sound cards in the Atomix Sound Configuration section, there are two options for both the Primary and Secondary sound cards of 'Sound Blaster PCI'. It's just a matter of selecting the top entry for the Primary device, and the second entry for the Secondary device, or vica-versa. You won't know which 'Sound Blaster PCI' is which card in the actual computer, until you try it.

If you don't see two entries for 'Sound Blaster PCI', then it's fairly clear that both sound cards aren't correctly installed under WinXP. You could easily verify this from Start Menu - Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager, or Start Menu - Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - Audio

Cheers...
Swift

Posted Sat 19 Jan 02 @ 12:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)