Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: merging databases

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi fellow djs and atomix staff,

i'm using atomix 2.0 on my desktop pc (at home) and on my notebook (when DJing in public).

what i do is, i rip mp3s on the desktop and then copy them all to the notebook before a gig.

what i would like to do is transfer atomix' internal database from the desktop to the notebook too, so i don't have to re-enter all the BPMs and cue points. is that possible?

it might be a problem that the directory names are slightly different on both computers. if there is a text file that needs to be converted in some way, no problem, i know how to program.

i looked into the file mp3DataBase.txt, but it doesn't seem to contain the bpm info - or at least not in a way i could figure out... what does a line like

G:mp3djMontefiori Cocktail - Anamaria.mp3,8248328

mean?

help greatly appreciated,
-caffeine

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 10:12 pm
oh - i forgot to add: it would be perfect if i was able not only to copy the database, but to merge it with the database that already exists on the notebook.

(during gigs, i often use tempotapper and enter bpm values while idling... and i would like to keep that information of course.)

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 10:14 pm
oops, and that line from mp3DataBase.txt i cited should have read:

G:\mp3\dj\Montefiori Cocktail - Anamaria.mp3,8248328

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 10:15 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You've got to copy the file "Atomix internal database" from the root dir of your Atomix ionstallation to the root on your notebook (well, only if the mp3's are exactly in the same folder names...)

Greetz, ikke

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 10:17 pm
thanks ikke... but that's exactly the problem - the directory names are _not_ identical. also, merging isn't possible this way.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 10:18 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
NO! simply copy the databases to your new pc and then SCAN your hdd.

atomix check the size of a file to store an information so if a file with same filename and same size as an entry of the database is destected might be redirected in the database.

I'm not sure i will test that this weekend

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 11:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)