Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: my atomix skips alot

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

every time i do a mix it skips on different tracks at least 3 or 4 times. sometimes it skips a little bit but then sometimes it skip alot and it messes up the mix. could it be my dads server that is causin this or is it something else
cheerz

Posted Tue 15 Jan 02 @ 10:26 pm
Could be a bunch of things. Are you hard mode? If not then put it in hard mode and see how it sounds. Also, if you have anything else running turn it off. I don't think that being on a network would cause a problem unless you have some sort of software running in the background. If you can, disconnect yourself and see how the program works then.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 2:48 am
Hey I need help on how to fix this skipping. Its really annoying. I tried making some cd's and have configured the sound and everything and it will only record without the hardware box being checked off. When I check it off it starts skipping. I dont know what to do anymore... HELP ME !!

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 3:05 am
It's almost certainly not an Atomix problem, however if you post some specs on your PC perhaps I can be of more assistance. For instance, certain sound cards are known to exhibit problems when used with certain motherboard chipsets. The more information you can supply the more assistance I (or anyone else here) can be.

Cheers...
Swift

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 5:30 am
I run a 1GHz AMD Athlon, 512MB SDRAM, Soundblaster Live Value sound card installed on a ASUS A7V133 motherboard setup RAID 0 with two 40GB ATA100 7200rpm harddrives running AtomixMP3 V2 on two OSes - Win98SE and WinXP. It skips alot on Win98SE but never skips on WinXP. I believe it might have something to do with the sound card drivers I use in Win98SE.
I have tried the following:
Adjusted the audio playback - hardware acceleration, Switched Hardware mix on and off,
Killed all programs that run in the background,
Installed DirectX 8.1,
Installed latest soundcard drivers.

Any other ideas? (I do not want to re-image my Win98 yet... that'll be my last resort)

Thanks

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 4:18 am
I forgot to mention that I have a second sound card built into the motherboard - Via Audio
I use this one as the secondary sound card - Headphone

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 4:22 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Did you upgrade your VIA drivers on your Win98 system?

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 10:52 am
Yes, I have upgraded to the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers

Posted Sun 10 Feb 02 @ 10:19 pm
I re-installed Win98SE and all the latest drivers from scratch... AtomixMP3 V2 works fine now

Posted Wed 13 Feb 02 @ 3:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)