Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What other programs do i need?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, the title says it all. What other programs do i need to run the full version of Atomix? Do I need Direct X ?
What is Direct X ?
Thanks for the help,
thornhilldj

Posted Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 1:05 am
Direct X. Many programs require Direct X . You likely have a version of it on your computer, but if your computer is more than a few months old...it is likely an older version.
Just type in "Direct X" in your browser and it will take you to the Direct X site. You can down load the latest version there. It is a series of "plug-ins" that enable your computer to better display graphic, games, sounds, etc. Hope this helps.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 3:40 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
That's right. It's a sery of libs, produced by Microsoft, to enable programmers to program multimedia and game stuff with one standard lib, not dependant of the hardware your users use. The newest version is DirectX 8.1. You can download it at this url:
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/homeuser/downloads/default.asp

Hope it helps, greetz, ikke

Posted Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 11:56 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
When you install atomix full version you will need some subsidiarily programs. A cd ripping like audiocatalyst, a tag editor like mp3file editor and maybe a program for BPM like tempotapper.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 02 @ 9:56 pm
Why do you need a bpm tapper and a tag editor? 1. Atomix doesn't uses these (ID3) tags and 2. it calculates the bpm on his own???...

Greetz, ikke

Posted Tue 15 Jan 02 @ 9:18 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Atomix calculates only songs from 100 bpm to 140 bpm not slow tempo or fast tempo songs. Try to calculate a slow or mid tempo song with atomix. About ID3 tags i think is good to modify id with more infos about the song and also when you rip a cd album in mp3 format the tag editor programs can rename the mp3 file by id tags.

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 2:54 am
Ah I see. Ok, you're right ;-)

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 9:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)