Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Atomix will now close OK?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Now that's a tough question to answer with only 1 option. I was doing a happy hour yesterday, I had just affected the flanger effect, then stopped it and went back to my playlist view. I hit the artist tab to organize the playlist enteries by artist. (i had maybe 12-15 songs in the playlist) As soon as I hit the artist tab, everything stopped except for the output, the song played on, but the display froze up. About 10 seconds later I got a error message that Atomix has caused an error in dibeng.dll... (i think that's how it was spelled) and that Atomix will now close. Although the error message stayed up the song continued playing through to the end, by then I had a CD loaded and ready. (I knew I was hanging on to my denon 2600's for a good reason) As expected as soon as I hit OK in the error message Atomix closed. Any idea what may have caused this problem? It was on my laptop... an AMD 800 with 128 meg of ram with Windows ME. I've only seen error messages like this a couple times in the past, and forgot to remember the information they offered. This time I made a mental note to post this in the forum. Any help or input would be appreciated. BTW, I re-booted and finished Happy hour, and went on to another gig that night without further problems.

Thanks for any help!

Rick

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 10:09 pm
More than likely the problem is caused by a dodgey display adaptor driver, and not a problem with AtomixMP3 itself. My advice would be to get the latest driver for your video card from the manufacturer, and if that doesn't help, use the built in Windows driver for your video card (if there is one, and that's not what you are using already).

Cheers...
Swift

Posted Sun 06 Jan 02 @ 1:29 am
Most Likely I think the problem came from the laptop instead of Atomix. See laptops tent to go mayhem after long operations 'cause of overheat....
mine does that with a chess game that I play but after the laptop cools off things go back to normal...This happens after 3-4 hours of continues operations.

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 4:35 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think so. It was only 2 hours into the gig, and over the last 8 months or so I've done hundreds of 4 hour functions, even several 7 hour functions. I have noticed the bottom of the laptop is warm when I put it away at the end of a function, but I don't think overheating had anything to do with the problem I had. Thanks for trying tho.

Rick

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 1:34 pm
well, it was worth to try....good luck.

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 8:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)