Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Still Crashing after 5 hrs or so !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have been using Atomix for a month now. I still have the prob that I had before. It crashes about 5 hrs after I initialize it. I have no virii progs running atomix is the soul propriator of all my resources. I Am aware that my vid card is not digitally signed and I am running Xp. Could this have anything to do with it ? My Pc specs are as follows: AMD athlon, 320 Mb ram, 851 Mhz processor, onboard audio, Nvidia Ge force 256 Vid Card. Please help me atomix team I live the prog but it is very emberassing when it crashes during live sets !

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 1:38 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
what kind of error,

pc crachses, win xp crashes or only atomix?

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 2:10 am
It never done that with me after 5 hours, I don't think its atomix I think there's something wrong with your PC.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 3:01 am
atomixmp3 is full of problems in soundcard and display handling but still hasn't crashed for me ..

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 10:14 am
May I just take the time to point out that the plural form of the word 'virus' is not 'virii' as many people seem to think, but is in fact 'viruses'. Anyone who does not agree can look in a dictionary.

As for the crashing, I've never used Atomix for anywhere near 5 hours. Are you doing 5+ hour long sets in one go? If there is a brief pause, would you have time to restart Atomix in between and then carry on using it? Using the program for that amount of time continuously would heat up your CPU quite a bit, maybe it is overheating and causing the crash? Might be worth checking, as my computer behaves strangely if I use many CPU intensive programs for many hours, as the CPU gets very hot, and that is with a very good heatsink+fan assembly attached to it. I'm using an AMD 1ghz Athlon...

If you have decks or CD mixers as part of your mixing set, maybe you could mix in a CD or vinyl track which would give you time to restart your computer after, say, 4 hours or so, before a crash happens?

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 1:55 pm
I had a similar problem w/Atomix but not the latest version. I asked the same questions and was told to upgrade my OP to XP which is what i did and still had the same problem. Then someone had mention a small shareware program called dBpower AMP music Conversion. This program normalizes MP3's and converts them in batch form to what ever bit rate you may want. I choose 160. I also change a mem chip out as well as replacing the processor fan (AMD's have a dendancy of running hot) and adding a second intake fan to the case. I don't know which one did it but no more crashes. I play gigs as long as 6 hours on special occasions so I know what embaressment is your talking about. Hope this works for you. Happy New Year.
MedMan

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 8:15 pm
I only using the keys for move between the windows it is appeared
the error:
40d742:11c40c6

I was working and it has been extinguished all

Posted Sun 06 Jan 02 @ 2:17 am
Yan-X My Pc does not crash just Atomix, I was thinking that it could be my display driver but as soon as I close atomix I can restart it and continue. I have learned to move Atomix up a bit on the screen to give me the ability to see the Start Bar. Any I deas as to what else it may be.

And to the Gentlemen who decided to give me a proper grammar lesson I appreciate your concern with my spelling !

Posted Mon 07 Jan 02 @ 4:07 am
Listen Guys, buy a portable Electric-fan and plow yar freaking PCs before performing. cause first of all yar personal pc and Monitors weren’t designed for that harsh long tedious work yours, using Atomix, and the fan that came with yar PC, isn't strong enough to cool anything, let alone keeping it from getting hot itself.
Me? Common sense told me to buy an electronic fan and keep plowing my PC to cool off while I do the abusing.
Do that and see what happens U'll thank me for it.

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 4:44 am
My PC already has 4 fans cooling it. I believe the problem is not it overheating. I believe this becuse I can close Atomix, re-open and continue. HELP ME ATOMIX TEAM !

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 8:07 am
In that case no need to thank me, Cause I don’t know what's going on with yar PC. And do plow mine with a house fan and it does help big time, luckily.

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 9:02 pm
Sorry to continue posting but My Laptop has had the same problem. It still crashes after 5 or 6 hours. I am able to restart the program and continue but it requires having a cd ready all the time and constant monitoring of the program. I don't understand why it just freezes up. It plays the song that is loaded to the end then it stops completely !

Posted Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 10:07 am
I wish I had an answer to your question, but I am also experiencing the same type of problem(s).

I run a laptop (PII, 366, 128MB) with a usb soundcard (Telex P-500) and I use it to DJ schools, weddings, partys etc...

Atomixmp3 2.0 (Full) works great for a while, but all the sudden it will stop playing the song or it will load the song but it will not play it or it will load the song, the visual beat motions at the top of Atomixmp3 will be moving, but no sound can be heard.

Restarting the program will help sometimes, other times I have to shut down the laptop and turn it back on to bring Atomixmp3 back to life.

Having to do this REALLY SUCKS! It's really bad in the middle of a mix set with 300 to 1000 people... so as for now (until these problems are fixed) I must have a CD cued up ready to go in case Atomixmp3 bombs. I REALLY wish Atomixmp3 was as reliable as CD's.

Until then...

P.S. When I ran version 1.2 I did not have these problems... go figure.

SuperSpiker

Posted Mon 14 Jan 02 @ 9:41 am
I agree I never had this problem with 1.2. I also have a Cd cued at all times. Atomix team when is versions 2.12 do out ?

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 5:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)