Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Does Atomix work with USB speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm running a PIII 600mhz 300mbram with Yamaha USB speakers,the powered sub takes the place of the soundcard.When I try to play a tune on Atomix...No Sound! and I have to reboot to get sound back.Anyone plz help?

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 3:45 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I don't really understand

have you a soundcard on your computer ?
If yes which one ?

Then you want to plug USB speakers ????
please explain more your problem

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 5:27 pm
Why did you buy usb speakers????????????

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 5:55 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Yan-X, USB speakers are speakers (+woofer) with a built-in USB soundcard. In windows, this is configured as an USB sound device, and the sound data isn't sent to a PCI or ISA soundcard (analog), but to your USB output, where there's a D/A convertor, which sends the converted analog signal to the speakers.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 6:47 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
The problem is to know if it is reconized as an usb device or as a soundcard by windows.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 7:53 pm
alrea,windows recognises the usb sound device but does atomix?that's my problem.I bought the Yamaha USB speakers cos they give excellent quality sound and room filling bass and work fine except with atomix....any more help appreciated.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 9:51 pm
I would imagine any sound card (usb or otherwise) would have to be recognised in exactly the same way, for it to work with ANY program. To going into the Sound Card Configuration in AtomixMP3 and see whether your sound card is listed in the drop down box. Make sure it is selected and OK the changes. If it still doesn't work, I would suggest that it's probably not an Atomix problem, but a problem with the configuration (drivers etc) of your USB sound card.

Posted Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 12:07 am
alreaHome userMember since 2003
Yeap, I agree. Actually, if it is recognized as a sound device by windows, in wiil be the same for atomix. If it is recognized as an usb device, the Atomix lab would have to program a patch...

Adrien.

Posted Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 11:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)