Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SKIPPING FROM HELL!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, I know this subject is not new...but nothing seems to work.

First, my system info:

WindowsXP
256MB
Pentium IV
1500 Mghz
37 Gb

Second,

I disabled all my startup items which continually run in the background as suggested...did not help.

I have the latest updates and drivers (including DirectX) for all my software and hardware...still doesn't help.

I am uncertain as to how I might configure my DirectX sound or display drivers if that is potentially the problem.

I've read over the online manual...and that isn't telling me anything I don't already know.

On my old computer with the previous version, I would run the mixes through CoolEdit Pro's Pop & Clicks app (set at a high quality filtering) is very effective but time consuming.

So, now with a new computer and the new version of Atomix, and some time on my hands, I'd really like to get this straightened out.

Please, I'd really appreciate any suggestions from those in the know or from others who have gone through this.

kjam : (

Posted Thu 27 Dec 01 @ 5:17 pm
What kind of Soundcard do you have?

Posted Thu 27 Dec 01 @ 5:30 pm
UMMMMMMM

I SECOND THAT , I THIRD THAT and so on and so on and so on.
I have the right hardward and have done EVERYTHING This board says to optimize and it still skips when I am recording.

UGHHH

Posted Thu 27 Dec 01 @ 8:10 pm
I have the same problem so what I do is leave it on hard mode and record your mixes through an external program. It doesn't skip when I do this.

Posted Thu 27 Dec 01 @ 10:48 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Have you any USB devices ?

Try to unplug them as some chipset can't allow enough CPU charge to rest of the system if you have too much USB devices plugged.

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 3:21 pm
First, I am using SoundBlaster Live...

Second, after doing some research, I decided to reformat my hard drive so I could switch over from Fat32 to NTSF under the new WinXP platform. I am experiencing much more stability.

Next step...I plan on partioning off a portion of my hard drive and running Atomix from there...

I'll keep everyone up to date on the results.

Thanx,

KjAM : )

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 5:23 pm
This worked for me and my SB live 5.1 card. Go into Audio HQ, Select 4 speaker set up, go to the "Advanced" tab...TURN OFF Dolby Decoder and sub-woofer ! After I did this, my skipping problems were eliminated! Hope this helps!

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 6:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)