Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Click/pop when nudging

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to nudge sometimes instead of using the beatsync function. Sometimes a click or popping sound can be heard when nudging with a player. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 2:45 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Are u in full version? Are u using usb mouse?

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 6:20 am
Yeah, I get the same thing sometimes when nugding. Why is this?? Im not sure if it actually records the popping/clicking noise, but Its really annoying.

I have the full version, no usb mouse.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 3:07 pm
I'm using full version V2.0 no usb mouse. Nudging with shorcuts.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 4:41 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Sorry, but can someone explain what "to nudge" means? My english isn't that good :-(

Greetz & THX, ikke

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 5:21 pm
Ikke, for me nudging is best compared with pitch bend on CD-players.
I've got the impreesion that the click or the pop appears when the beat is coming on. So nudging between beats could be the solution?

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 2:35 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Oh, I C.

Thx, greetz and happy Xmas, ikke

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:04 pm
Hi,

Try to adapt the repeat rate and repeat delay values of your keyboard (Control Panel ; Keyboard).

Having a too short repeat delay, or a too fast repeat rate seems to be (at least in part) responsible for those clicks.

Personally, on my external controller I've put the repeat of the nudge keys to OFF, and I don't experience any clicks (I just have to press the button several times myself to get the desired result).

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 4:55 pm
wickedHome userMember since 2001
nudging the song with arrows or by moveing the visual waves cause atomix to move the position the song is playing, this is different from bend cause bend slows down/speeds up the song so the playing position isn't moved instantly.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 8:07 am
Hey Corpse,

I tried changing the keyboard values in the Control Panel, (many different selections) but im still getting a clicking noise. Any other options? This is driving me crazy.

Posted Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 2:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)