Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help with my atomixmp3?????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi all,
i have a few problems and questions that i need help with. i purchased v1.12 about a year agoand i updated to the new version(v2.0). i really like the new version alot but i have a few prroblems.
1.why can't i record when it is in hardware mode???
2.when i don't have it in hardware mode an i ty to record it skips alot.
3.why don't all the settings work in hardware mode???

you see atomixmp3 runs better when it is in hadware mode on my system.(i have win95,233mhz,128mb, and a sblive souncard). it doesn't skip at all and the mixes are smooooooth.
also when i try to record with creative recorder from sblive and i do my mix i then go back to listen to mymix there are many skips on that mix. is there a bettersound recorder out there that i dont know about.

please help me, i really like the new version alot and i want to mix and record them for personal playback.
thanks,
showtime

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 1:01 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I believe a 233 Mhz is to slow for AtomixMP3 2.0, even in hardware mode. Maybe try to get a new processor ;-)? Also try to upgrade to another OS, because the multitasking support of Win95 is very bad. About your probs with the hardware mode, ask someone else: I'm not a member of the develop-team, so I can't tell you: I don't have such a problems (but I only have the trial version :-().

Greetz, ikke

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 8:53 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The samples, the EQ and the recording function don´t work in hardmode due to simple technical problems. We didn´t just know, on which channel to play the samples. :-)
In softmode, all is done by the software, so you can mix all (samples, EQs...) in the memory. In hardmode, this work is done by your soundcard.
There will be a patch soon, to fix most of this.

As Ikke said, your PC is a bit too slow for smooth running of AtomixMP3. I´d really recommend to upgrade!

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 9:07 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
yes a bit old but at leat, he show to all users that it is possible to run atomixmp3 on old computers !!!
(I remember a post one month ago where someone said DON'T USE ATOMIXMP3 IF YOU DON'T HAVE AT LEAST A P3-400MHZ)

So thank you for your message!!!

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 9:32 am
hi mama, why don't you make a patch which plays the samples (4 hardware mode) in the channel which is playing? 4 ex:When is playing deck 1, the samples does play in the channel 1, when is playing deck 2, the samples does play in the channel 2...I think is a possible solution 4 this problem...
Thnx,
Dj P@lox
P.s:sorry 4 my bad english, but I'm an italian dj... :-)

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 1:32 pm
Don´t worry, for any native english speakers, my spelling must be horrible too! :-))

I don´t code one, because I can´t code. But the author already thinks about a solution, and I´m sure he will satisfy us all!

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 3:28 pm
I think it should be a good solution to give the users the oportunity to send the effects to a 3th soundcard, so they can send it to a 3th channel of ther mixer. Or don't you think this is neccesary? It should be possible in code (certainly if you coded Object Oriented, just add a new instance of a player or something, working on a different IRQ)

Greetz, ikke

PS. also sorry for my english

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 5:50 pm
I hope that the authors can program to send effects both with a 3rd soundcard,and using the audio card installed(I have a Sblive), because I have a lot of problems to using a 3rd audio card,I haven't got any free pci slots in my motherboard to install another audio card!!!And I have a 2 channel professional mixer...When I send effects?In the mic?Naaaaaaaaaaaaa...I repeat, I hope who the authors can develop a patch which an user can decide to use another audio card or, in my case, to send the effects through the channel which is playing...
Thnx,
Dj P@lox

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 7:32 pm
I don´t think it´s a good idea. First, such features would blow AtomixMP3 too big, second, it would implement another point of possible instability and last but not least, third, the handling in softmode with two cards, regarding the sound quality, should have real higher priority.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 8:10 pm
OK? sorry mama. It was just an idea. I just try to help ;-).

Greetz, ikke

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 8:22 pm
Sorry mama, but you don't think which isn't a good idea my suggestion or ikke's suggestion?I'm confused...

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 10:26 pm
The third soundcard. :-))

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 10:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)