Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Invalid page fault

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is the message I left befors
"Lets start off with what I have. Its a AMD 800MHz system with 256RAM and a 40 GB Hard drive. I am running Win98SE
The AMD chip sits on a PC Chips 810LMR Motherboard with
everything on board (Lan,USB,Video,Sound). After about 2 Hrs. I get an error that read "Atomix has caused a page fault in module AtomixMP3.exe...." and shuts down. I have redone the operating system twice and reinstalled Atomixmp3 Version 1.3 twice. I have nothing running in the background, in fact the only thing running is Atomix. Could you give me some insight as to what might be the problem and if so what might be the solution. Thanks for your time. "

The respond was to upgrade my OS to XP or upgrade my directx to 8.1
Well I tried that and unfortunatly it occured again. Windows XP just says "This program has caused an error and will shut down..." This occures usually after 2 hrs into the nite. I can almost set my watch. Do you think it could be a hardware problem. The reason I don't think its a hardware problem is I can still use the system. and other players still work. Any help now would be appreciated.
Thanx
MedMan

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 11:26 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is that problem every time you run atomix or some nights a week. Do you have in your computer install norton utilities?

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 9:55 pm
It happens everytime I use Atomix.. As far as Norton goes its not in my system at all. Now I did try and changed the Mem chip (256) in the computer as well as the fan on the AMD chip as well as adding a secondary internal fan. I also used a program that normalized all my MP3's. (DBpowerAmp great program)I then loaded about 75 to 100 mp3's that where normilized and let her play for about 5 hrs. Results where no crashes. Guess that still leaves me wondering??? Do you know if it is possible a bad mp3 can cause the program to crash???
Thanx
MedMan

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 12:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)