Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound card problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dcmarkHome userMember since 2001
Hi, I just bought Atomix and I am having trouble getting the A and B 'decks' to play on the Front and Rear outputs of the sound card.

Ok, i have a Santa Cruz sound card with Front, Back, microphone and versajack. When I put the speakers into the front and the headphones into the back channels, here is what happens:

When I play a song in the A deck with the A deck clicked on (yellow), the song plays both when the crossfader is pushed towards the A deck and when it is pushed toward the B deck (but then it sounds strange). If you play something on the B deck (with the A deck still on yellow) it works fine...i mean the crossfader only plays the song when it pushed to the middle or all the way to the B deck.

Also, very frustrating, my headphones only give me the sound that is coming out of the regular speakers.

From what it seems to me, it sounds like I have an old, non-3D sound card.......but I do have a 3D! I do not want to go to a mono splitter to fix this as I want to retain stereo recordings.

Please help!! merci

Mark

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 12:38 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Go to the sound config and select your driver and the "3D soundcard" and "speakers/headphones" image.

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 11:52 am
Thanks but I did that.......any more ideas?

Mark

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 5:20 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Sorry to say that, but do you have the full version or a cracked demo ? I apologize, but I ask you this question because sometimes this is the case...

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 5:31 pm
Well, I understand that people crack this program sometimes. But, as I said above, I just bought the program!! I was going to try and get a crack until I came to this website and saw how much work people have put into this....so I decided to pay for it.

Anyway, I am still having this problem, and obviously, it is making me a bit frustrated (-:

Thanks

Also, am I setting my soundcard correctly? I have it set on 2 speaker. I have tried headphone front, headphone back, etc.

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 6:27 pm
I don´t know this card, but in SB cards you have to set "4 speakers" during the installation or in the "Audio HQ" (SB software), and in XP, you must set "quadrophonic speakers" in the windows speakers options.

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 6:34 pm
I have a new soundcard- montego II by Turtle systems.My Atomix 1.12 does not work in two soundcards mode.If I put montego II es soundcard 1 and my integrated soundcard es soundcard 2, the both players are working on montego.If I put my old card es soundcard 1 and montego 2 es soundcard 2 then both players work on my integrated soundcard.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 7:20 pm
Yepp, that´s because of the crack.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 12:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)