Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto-Gain with external mixer? (hardware mode)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings,

I notice when operating in hardware mode, the auto-gain control doesnt seem to work, in fact, the whole gain system seems to be software based.

One of the nicest improvements in 2.0, that I noticed, was the autogain system. It totally did away with level problems when mixing between tracks, making life much easier, especially when your MP3s are not the same level.

Now I've got an external mixer. I notice with an external mixer, atomixmp3 only supports hardware mode... Thus, there seems to be no auto-gain control available.

Is it possible to implement auto-gain in hardware mode? That would realllyyyy make mixing with an external mixer alot easier, allowing you to concentrate much more on the mixing rather than levels :)

From what i've read, the team is working on implementing the EQ in hardware mode. Since the EQ and the auto-gain seem to be related from my guessings, will auto-gain be available in hardware mode with the hardware EQ update?

that'd sure make things alot easier :D (and me really happy)

TIA,
-Nate

Posted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 1:40 am
good question, i have the same problem, please help us!

Posted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 5:19 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Apparantly 2.1 will eq's and gain for hardware mixing mode, meaning you basically have an external crossfader.

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 5:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)