Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAMN SKIPPING!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im having problems with skipping, when mixing tracks in, anyone got any help??? Plz everytime you mix in another tune, it skips, even when its playing the tunes it skips. Can anyone tell me what I should change in the options??? Im using it on a:
P4 1.3Ghz
128MB RDRAM

The specs are fine, but it keeps skipping!!!

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 2:09 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Well honestly I had the same problem and tried every solution. I can tell you this : 1.Try switching to hard mode in the options menu 2.Change your sound card. In the end my solution was to get rid of my quite costly sound card and replace it with a couple cheaper ones.

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 9:19 am
YodaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've got the same problem. EVEN reinstalled my WHOLE system yesterday to try and cure the problem. Can't change my sound card coz it is built into my laptop. DOH!

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 4:19 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
Yoda, get the latest drivers for your soundboard on the laptop from whoever makes it (or the integrated soundchip OEM) and update them... then make sure the hardware acceleration is set properly (or just try changing it)

also, make sure you've got the latest video drivers for your video chip... and of course directX 8.1

I'm not sure why so many people are having the slowness... I run it in software mode on a P3-500 (winXP) and when atomixmp3 is the only thing running its quite speedy... never skips, but sometimes the beat display will be a little choppy.

for all yall with SB cards that are running 2K or XP check out creative's latest driver update...

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)