Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Terrible sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Until today I had only used Atomix V2 on my desktop which has two soundcards. But tonight, I gave it a try on another desktop with only one card and set the mixer mode (using a splitter). But as soon as I pre-listened the sound produced by Atomix, I realized it was totally saturated. The level indicaters of the mixer were at their top and I had to turn down all the volumes in windows to their lowest values to get rid of the saturation. But even then, the sound was ugly, with way too much bass.

So I put a pre-mixed CD in the CD player and went and took my laptop, thinking the problem was due to the soundcard of the desktop. But here again I had exactly the same result. It seems that V2 can't handle mixer mode with only one sound card properly. Hope I'm wrong and there's an easy way to fix this.

I also tried to return to single output mode or even to Atomix V1.12. Nothing was able to get the sound quality back to what it was before installing V2 and using mixer mode (I haven't tried V2 in any other mode before having this problem).

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 12:05 am
Ok, my fault, this wasn't due to Atomix, but to the configuration of the rest of the stuff.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 1:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)