Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound quality question and comments

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
First my question, I noticed a great difference in sound quality upon updating my older version. It seems to be missing quite a bit of mid and highs and has an increase in bass. Also, upon updating, my output jack on my soundblaster live changed. In the older version it was my black output, when updated, it switched over to the green. My black is now my que output.

Secondly, it was a flawless weekend for using the update for the first time live in front of over 2,000 people each night. I did notice however, that it taxes my CPU more than the older version. I am running 95% to 100% most of the time especially when mixing it will be in the 100%, which I would expect. I am running a K62-500. I will def. build a bigger system after the holidays though. BUT, I had no skips or clicks or anything. The only thing noticable was the beat screen would stop for a couple seconds while mixing, which did not effect the output of the music or my performance a bit. I didn't get to try any of the sound effects this time, I just wanted to make it through the weekend without any problems.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 01 @ 4:19 pm
Im having problems with skipping, when mixing tracks in, anyone got any help??? Plz everytime you mix in another tune, it skips, even when its playing the tunes it skips. Can anyone tell me what I should change in the options??? Im using it on a:
P4 1.3Ghz
128MB RDRAM

The specs are fine, but it keeps skipping!!!

Posted Sun 09 Dec 01 @ 11:26 pm
I also noticed the lack of mid and high-range in version 2.0, I find I have to turn up the mid and high equalizers in the program quite a bit, but this can (does) lead to distortion.

The outputs have changed which is good, they were the wrong way around before, with the rear output of the SBLive going to the main output of Atomix (speakers) and the front output going to the headphones. This meant changing the leads from the soundcard around and then having your sounds coming from the wrong speakers (assuming you have 4 speakers) which was a nuisance.

The new version is more CPU intensive and the slowness of the visual display is a known problem and, I believe, it is being worked upon, maybe corrected in the upcoming 2.1 update patch.

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 5:08 pm
Yes, the sound is really different. I hope they can do something about that and fast.

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 9:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I Haven't noticed any drop off in sound quality at all. Just overall better everything.

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 9:38 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Yes, it is def. different for me. When I uninstall and run old version and then update you can hear a big difference. Otherwise, not a single problem.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 8:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)